Greatest/Favorite Fashion Finds

ebowleg

Reaction score
This topic is where you can post all of your greatest/favorite fashion findings from wherever and whenever. No matter the cost, or designer, share yours.

My greatest fashion find were these two Gucci coats I got while in London...They both featured a high collar, and were made out of cashmere. One was black and the other white. The white one was lined in a turquoise, pink, orange, and white Gucci print. It really brightens up any outfit during the winter! :wink:

great fashion find cheapness wise...

my mads norgradd... or however u spell it... trousers from selfridges... shouldda been 189.99 or somat like that got them for just 19....woooo :wacko:

Vintage YSL batwing biker jacket for 40€ B)

jp gaultier jacket 6.00
herve leger dress 2.oo

both found while thrifting, the sales lady thought the clothes were hidious and gave me a markdown w/out me even asking! :lol:

My eighty dollar Nine West boots for six dollars. I think that's probably the biggest markdown I've ever gotten.

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 28th, 2003 - 9:56 pm
HI SCOTT :flower:

Your post here brings to mind the greatest/favourite fashion find that I DID NOT take up , and I've regretted it ever since .

In the mid70s Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche did a men's collection in which colour was the main theme eg. men's suits in turquoise etc. In the sale at the end of the season was a suede biker jacket which was utterly astounding , except for the fact that it was BRIGHT RED ! I don't think that the colour would look outre today but it did then . Suffice it to say that I DID NOT buy it , and I've bitterly regretted it ever since !!!

N'er mind eh !

regards KIT :flower:

My greatest find? I got a Jaeger suit (bespoke tailored in England, not tailored for me but this was one of Jaeger's best quality suits) for £20. Also I got a Gaultier frock-coat for a few quid so I can stomp around like Zorg (who's in my avatar...).

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 28th, 2003 - 9:56 pm
I envy you

lol well done

* Comme des Garcons T-shirt for 1 euro :shock:
* Vintage Leonard silk bat blouse for 2 euros :shock:

*amazing gray green suede vintage (60's) coat - 40 euros :heart:
*30's vintage dress - 15 euros

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 29th, 2003 - 6:03 pm
My greatest find? I got a Jaeger suit (bespoke tailored in England, not tailored for me but this was one of Jaeger's best quality suits) for £20. Also I got a Gaultier frock-coat for a few quid so I can stomp around like Zorg (who's in my avatar...).
:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: ARGH!!!!!!! u have the zorg coat.... i am going to find u and beat u until i get it !!!! :innocent:

i love fifth element!!!! :woot:

Thing is,that jacket,albiet intentionally for women in its day,looks very much like some of what Hedi Slimane is doing now. High "Blade Runner"-esque collar, a giant wrap-style closure and of course the curve cut leg-o-mutton sleeves to form two wings. I was genuinely shocked(but happy nontheless :lol:) as I would have imagined something of that calibre and design would be worth much more.

Off white cashmere Ralph Lauren coat... retailing at $2000...for 50 bux....
I dont know how, i dont know why.
I left the house without a coat, it became freezing in the middle of the day so I ran out on my lunch break to TJ Maxx to get something to throw on. And this was the first thing I saw. It wasnt till I got home that I realized how much the coat eally is.

Also got a Cavalli top for 10 dollars.
And a bunch of other stuff. It's alll about the good deals :wink:

It's a crazy store Maxx is...I've seen Versace suits hanging next to Nike tracksuits in there...

A lovely Clements Ribeiro beaded apron dress for 60 pounds marked down from 480.

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 30th, 2003 - 12:39 pm
Thing is,that jacket,albiet intentionally for women in its day,looks very much like some of what Hedi Slimane is doing now. High "Blade Runner"-esque collar, a giant wrap-style closure and of course the curve cut leg-o-mutton sleeves to form two wings. I was genuinely shocked(but happy nontheless :lol:) as I would have imagined something of that calibre and design would be worth much more.
BOY !!! You said it , SCOTT :flower: :flower: :flower:

That's just my style , asymmetrical closure and deep armholes - they will never go out of fashion ! Well done you !

I actually forgot to say that the jacket I mentioned in my post was like yours and was at the incredible price of £50 , which in the 70s was outrageously cheap for an Yves piece . It was just the colour ! Nowadays it would just blend in , but then it really would only have worked on the catwalk . Incidentally , I have an old cutting from Vogue Men ( a section that used to be at the back of the women's edition ) , with Alexis de la Falaise ( brother of Lulu de la Falaise - Yves' muse ) wearing it ! He was used as a model by Lady Clare Rendelsham , ( see my post on this ' monstre sacree ' in The Favourites ' section - the recent film ' AKA ' which I have yet to track down ) .

Still , it's all in the past , but I DO REGRET not buying that jacket !

regards KIT :cry: :cry: :cry:

black and white chequered ysl vintage shirt.........free!!
MY Mum bought it and sent it to me!
Regret i once saw a louis vuitton logo bag in a second hand mkt before they became the hype like in 1998 and didnt buy it....i should ve!

There's a Louis-Vuitton bobby-bag in a local vintage clothing store (real, this store's known for carrying the real-deal)...but the woman in the store scares me...shall I venture in or not?

Prince of Cats...you're going to let a woman stand between you and Louis Vuitton? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->