Greatest Screen Villainesses

vavavinny

Reaction score
I am a major film buff, and there is nothing I like more than a scheming, manipulative, evil villainess. I was wondering who everyone's favorite villainess is? I have too many to list, but I really think Glenn Close plays a villainess like no other. Her cold demeanor really brought Alex Forrest in Fatal Attraction and the Marquise de Merteuil in Dangerous Liaisons, both fantastic, sexy but deadly b*tches, to life.

Other favorites include Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest (SO many memorable lines!! "TINA, THE AXEEEEEEE!"), Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman in Batman Returns (such a purrfectly sultry femme fatale!), and Cruella de Vill of 101 Dalmatians (such a fabulously wicked grand dame)!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have discuss and agree with my friends somre years ago, that the best villians have always been the ones from the disney classics.
Cruella de Vil, Scar (lion king) , you actually realise how mean they are, and intelligent at the same time.
i just think they are really great villians:rolleyes:

Gonna go Old School on some of these:

Nurse r*tchet - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

The Wicked Witch of the West - Wizard of Oz

Kathy Bates in Misery

Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct

Kristanna Loken in Terminator 3

Salma Hayeck - From Dusk Til Dawn

Lucy Lui in Kill Bill

Some of the Bond Baddies
- Famke Jansen - Golden Eye
- Barbara Carrera - Never Say Never Again
- Rosamund Pike - Die Another Day

Jean Marsh - The evil Queen in Willow

And the number 1...

Asami in The Audition - Japanese movie that many have ever seen, but the ending speaks for itseldf

Some of the Bond Baddies
- Famke Jansen - Golden Eye

Defiantly. I think she's quite scary in some scenes :ninja:

Grace Jones - A View to a Kill
But she turns into the good girl.

DEFINITELY agree with Nurse Ratched! She was so eerie and chilling in that film! Pure evil disguised in a nurse's white uniform. Kathy Bates in Misery is another excellent choice. And Sharon Stone is a classic femme fatale in Basic Instinct. I LOVE the interrogation scene. "What are you going to do? Charge me with smoking?"

Bad Bond Girls are the best! My favorites are Xenia Onatopp (I wish I could do that with my thighs :lol:!) and ***** Galore (what a name!). Sophie Marceau also played an excellent evil Bond Girl.

I've never seen Audition, but I have been wanting to for SO long! It looks like such an amazingly macabre, creepy film. There's nothing quite like a dollish Japanse girl gone murderous!

I've never seen Audition, but I have been wanting to for SO long! It looks like such an amazingly macabre, creepy film. There's nothing quite like a dollish Japanse girl gone murderous!

What makes Audition is the juxtaposition of the mousy person from the beginning to their real true nature.

Ursula (The Little Mermaid)

Catherine Trammell (Basic Instinct)

Angelina Jolie-Girl, Interrupted.
I know that she wasnt really a Villainess but she was scary and mean in mostly of the scenes.

Uma Thurman - Poison Ivy :heart: (though of course the costumes are rather kitsch)

Him? :rofl: it's a dude i believe.
creep012-Powerpuff-Girls.jpg

vectorjunky

minnie castevet from rosemary's baby

madame blanc and miss tanner from suspiria

Villainesses
Miranda Priestly (Meryl Streep's character) - The Devil Wears Prada
Regina George (Rachel McAdams' character) - Mean Girls
Maleficent - Sleeping Beauty

Villains
Captain Barbosa - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Those are the only good ones coming to mind at the moment.

minnie castevet from rosemary's baby

madame blanc and miss tanner from suspiria

Oh, definitely agree with both! :evil:

Mines are O-Ren Ishi (Lucy Liu) in Kill Bill: Vol. 1 & Annie Wilkes (Kathy Bates) in Misery. Truly stellar, evil performances.

I agree on Kathy Bates in Misery evil & crazy!! my favs are Jim Carrey in Lemony Snicket Heath Ledger as Joker , actually all the Batman villans are my fav, the first Jack Nicholson Joker and Uma turman as Poison Ivy are amazing!!
..I know it's not really a villan but Road Runner it's evil too evil let Wile Coyote catch him for xmas!

ohh I forgot Glenn Close & John Malkovich in Dangerous Liaisons epic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->