Green And Red Combination

Originally posted by Marlee+Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:14 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marlee @ Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:14 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-loserunit@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:40 am
more muted red
I :heart: these, loserunit!

Who are they by? [/b][/quote]
carolina herrara

Originally posted by MissPurple+Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:09 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MissPurple @ Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:09 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-loserunit@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:58 am
ooo ok so i think another color that would look really good wiith that green is purple....miss purple.

like these lanvins
I LOVE LOVE doing purple with green :heart:
one of the most beautiful combo to me :heart:

those fall Lanvins are definitely must have items :blush: [/b][/quote]
:woot: :wink:

I try to avoid literal mixings of the colours, especially the green bit, because when combined with the wrong shade of red it can tend to look a bit garish... i.e. bright red with sage green, or coral red with sage green are balanced (one of my favourite colour combinations), but not bright red with emerald green, etc.

:unsure:

coral red with sage green are balanced (one of my favourite colour combinations),

i so agree, glad to see you around Utopia :heart:

:lol: I was just about to make a thread like this because it has always bothered me.

I feel odd putting red and green together because of Christmas. I guess I'm not the only one. :blush: :doh:

the first thing that comes to mind when i think of green and red together is Christmas! I'm not the only one by the looks of it, so I dont think wearing these colors together would be a good idea unless you are going for the christmas tree look!

Yes, red and green can look Christmas-y, but I love it if it's done right. I personally love this look from Jocomomola:
jocomomola.jpg

vogue.es

Cherries, Rose, and lotta flowers have such color combo, and IMO, colors that could be found in the nature goes....

i remember my complains on red and green combination were answered by a perfectly good imaginary outfit by softgrey. i think it was perhaps my first post in this section. :ninja:

zucca FW00

00052.L.JPG

[firstview]

to the op, what is your skintone? the darker you are, the better you'll be able to pull this off. even without all the christmas connotations the combination is just too garish for a pale skintone to be able to cope.

I just think of Will Ferrell in Elf...not a good look.

Not even at Christmas on me ... but I have this combination in my kitchen every day B) It's primarily jadite green and red ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->