Gucci F/W 2003.04 Milan

wyatt.

Reaction score
i remember a topic about what was covering the floor during this show and i've discovered that it was completely covered with white rose petals.

just to clear up the debate.

i also just discovered that you can watch videos at style.com

mmm

i've just watched the last 3 gucci shows and while they all keep the same overhead lighting the floor material always changes.

they're tricky.

Sorry about reviving all of these Tom Ford threads but this was a stunningly good collection.

So full of emotion with the rose petals and the sexiness of the clothes.

:heart:

hwy9no.jpg
21nikc0.jpg

22dkqb.jpg
oqm0cg.jpg

style.com

This collection is still one of my all time favorite collections, not Gucci collections, not Tom Ford collections, collections....period.

It was definitely Tom's best collection for Gucci. The work in the clothes was exquisite, from the oversized face framing collars to the anatomical seaming in the torsos and skirts, the tiny rows of grommets on the seams, the voluminous coats that opened the show, the cocktail and evening dresses.....I could go on but it could easily fill a thread.

As always with Tom's work, the presentation was perfect. The styling was dead on, the rose petal runway was so beautiful, the music was fitting. But more than that the clothes were special even out of the context of the show. Each piece was significant.

It seems like during every fashion week someone winds up posting a reminder of the good old days at Gucci and it winds up making the current collection seem even more depressing. :lol:

My mother actually has that pale lilac/platinum off the shoulder dress Mariacarla has on, only it's in black. The construction of it is so beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
This collection is still one of my all time favorite collections, not Gucci collections, not Tom Ford collections, collections....period.

It was definitely Tom's best collection for Gucci. The work in the clothes was exquisite, from the oversized face framing collars to the anatomical seaming in the torsos and skirts, the tiny rows of grommets on the seams, the voluminous coats that opened the show, the cocktail and evening dresses.....I could go on but it could easily fill a thread.

As always with Tom's work, the presentation was perfect. The styling was dead on, the rose petal runway was so beautiful, the music was fitting. But more than that the clothes were special even out of the context of the show. Each piece was significant.

It seems like during every fashion week someone winds up posting a reminder of the good old days at Gucci and it winds up making the current collection seem even more depressing.

My mother actually has that pale lilac/platinum off the shoulder dress Mariacarla has on, only it's in black. The construction of it is so beautiful.

Agree 100%

This show was special. It was probably one of the best, most moving, most beautiful shows I've ever seen.

As Ford said, "I wanted to make people cry for beauty".

And lots of people did. It was BEYOND fashion.

Review from style.com

MILAN, March 1, 2003

By Sarah Mower

This season every major designer is talking about creating a "beauty" strong enough to defy our anxious times. Backstage that was the word Tom Ford used to characterize his Fall collection for Gucci—a collection in which beauty was personified as a power vixen extravagantly armored to face down a troubled world.

She made her first entrance in a white coat with a huge collar, ballooning pushed-up sleeves and a full skirt, her midsection lashed into a buckled, corseted belt. With wicked black, spiky over-the-knee boots and long leather gloves, she struck the high-glam silhouette that dominated the show through a sequence of coats, jackets and slinky skirts seamed to cling to every dangerous curve.

The Gucci mini of last season was dropped—literally. Now the length is back down to the knee, with the emphasis on dramatic upstanding collars and voluminous sleeves, often exaggerated in fur and contrasted with the erotic suggestiveness of lingerie beneath. The skirts and dresses—paneled, ruched and pieced together with strips of ribbon—called up comparisons with corsetry. For evening, there were gowns constructed with cutout zones of sparkling mesh and frilled bra tops; others snaked to the floor, held in place with complex asymmetric straps crossing the torso and shoulders.

If Ford is treading the territory mapped out by Thierry Mugler and Azzedine Alaïa in the ’80s, it’s no surprise. Much of fashion is heading in that direction anyway, and Ford, after all, bases Gucci’s entire brand proposition on finding new ways of upping the ante on sex season after season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->