Gucci F/W 2015.16 by Glen Luchford

Echoing most of the sentiments here - this is fabulous.

Finally a fashion campaign that feels like more than just shoving the product down our throats. This is telling a story, creating characters, setting a mood...it's made the new Gucci feel very aspirational, very desirable, very definitive. That was something Tom Ford at Gucci was so good at too - making you want to be a part of the brand because the brand stood for more than just a bag or a pair of shoes or a skirt.

I love that this recalls those late 90's/early 00's type of campaigns, but it doesn't feel like mimicry at all. This is very modern. It's more in the overall spirit of these images that reminds me of that time in fashion. The spirit is much more human, as it was then...these aren't just mannequin models, these aren't just products...these are living, breathing people and the clothes and the accessories are a part of their lives.

Big, big bravo to Alessandro and Glen. This is just fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Absolutely.

It's great to see a commercial label invest in a narrative again, a more thoughtful concept rather than just top models or celebrities. And more importantly, it does feel alive and warm.

Thank you gulsah for the posts!

Fantastic! Love this campaign, really captures the mood of the collection and the direction Alessandro Michele is trying to take Gucci. Finally Gucci is something to get excited about! I'm in love with the shot of Tessa in the subway, beautiful! :heart::heart::heart:

I love this so much. It's very beautiful, it feels fresh for Gucci and I really enjoy that about it. It's nice to see a change of aesthetic, especially one as lovely as this.

This is damn good and SELLING me the products. I'd have never thought that I'd say that one day but I'm in a urge to buy those GG belts! :shock:

Fantastic...I'm starting to understand Michele's direction for Gucci; it's very much his own. Glen's imagery does a great job at marrying that kind of timeless glamour that I associate with Gucci with the off-kilter more bookish look that the F/W runway show suggested.

not sure if i like the ad but i do love that last floral suit

It is funny but i was talking with a luxury consultant friend of mine and she told me that actually, with Gucci losing it influence and it luster, the executives went back to the "Tom Ford method":
-They have re-adjust the prices
-New creative direction (collections, new stylist, new iconic photographer)

She also told me that after that infamous 1995 collection, the clothes sold well but the big thing was the GG belts and the mocassins heels. Those items are exactly the accessories Michele is pushing right now.

And even if we will always love the hay days of Gucci, it is so cool to see the brand being "cool" again!

Yes, GUCCI IS COOL AGAIN!

I was really expecting to be disappointed but here I am loving this. It's very cinematic and it's definitely fresh.

This is great! Luchford has done a great job.

That the biggest surprise for me. I'm not usually a fan of Luchford's work, especially when he shoots for Vogue UK or Paris. But the amount of life and energy in this campaign is astounding. The womens shots are the strongest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly love everything about the new Gucci direction. On the runway Michele's designs don't always impress me but in print, idk there's just some kind of magic.

^ i think this is what i find too, tbh the runway shows do not do them justice they're very boring, they should do something more exciting (ie dsquared, they match the two)

Reaction on this thread seems kind of naive. Of course the campaign is going to be amazing. Alessandro was much more interested in creating a mood and a girl and a context of the new Gucci. That meant that people were not going to like the clothes either for being too tacky or not their style but the redeeming feature of that is a very cinematic feeling campaign because the clothes tell a story.

^ Exactly. He creates costumes for a narrative mood, they work in a visual or cinematic context. No surprise. Would I run out and get me some? Hell no. But props anyway.

I feel like Gucci lost all of its style. This all looks like Louis Vuitton knock offs.

Lovely photographs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->