Gucci F/W 2015.16 by Glen Luchford

Really beautiful campaign. Just like the pre-fall ads, Luchford's photography is impeccable. I'm in love with the shots in the bus.

The atmosphere is pretty fantastic, there's something very narrative and almost cinematic about the campaign which reminds me of the glorious ads era from early 2000s. Really refreshing and Alessandro is perfectly establishing his aesthetic for the house.

I agree! Some of the shots do remind me of vintage shots from the late 90s/early 2000s. I love this!

The new Gucci is a breath of fresh air and I love this in every way. It's like Luchford, for 90's Prada, reinvented for current times. I mean that in the best possible way as they remain some of the best fashion images ever. Luchford is truly incredible.

Don't you just get the sense that the industry is finally waking up from a deep sleep?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you just get the sense that the industry is finally waking up from a deep sleep?
I was thinking the exact same thing. This campaign, and the Miu Miu campaign are really, really exciting new developments for fashion. Less predictable, less cynical, more natural, more personality, warmer...this all feels fresh - and not just fresh for the season, but fresh after a good 6-7 years of tired clichés, exhausted tropes, overused models, "minimal" clothing, and generally minimal effort.

Things definitely seem to be turning up. Creators seem to care again.

What I've found fascinating is going though everyone's comments, and finding myself agreeing with the majority, acknowledging the evident change. Just about everyone knows I was the first one to rave about a Gucci campaign with Natasha Poly/Karmen Pedaru/Anja Rubik by Mert & Marcus but I have to hand it to Alessandro Michele for turning around Gucci so rapidly. Everyone has taken a huge liking to the campaign, so job done on Michele's part - regardless of my opinion!

I was thinking the exact same thing. This campaign, and the Miu Miu campaign are really, really exciting new developments for fashion. Less predictable, less cynical, more natural, more personality, warmer...this all feels fresh - and not just fresh for the season, but fresh after a good 6-7 years of tired clichés, exhausted tropes, overused models, "minimal" clothing, and generally minimal effort.

We have been stuck in a sort of static limbo, but more and more houses are changing and it looks like we're on the brink of a new era in fashion. It seems like there are just a few more things that need to happen -- not to be morbid, but there's a certain French house with a double C logo that could be going through a major change any day now.

Anyway, back on topic: this campaign is, indeed, very strong. I don't even mind that it pretty much feels like a hybrid/lovechild of Prada and Saint Laurent. It still feels refreshing.

The new Gucci is a breath of fresh air and I love this in every way. It's like Luchford, for 90's Prada, reinvented for current times. I mean that in the best possible way as they remain some of the best fashion images ever. Luchford is truly incredible.

I agree! The Dog Days Are Over!!

I quite agree with what you said about this two campaings, but definitely, the clothes are still minimal and 0 innovative...the clothes both from gucci and miu miu add nothing new to the wardrobe.

I quite agree with what you said about this two campaings, but definitely, the clothes are still minimal and 0 innovative...the clothes both from gucci and miu miu add nothing new to the wardrobe.

I don't know, both collections photograph incredibly well. I've never really been excited by Frida's clothes but I'm really looking forward to seeing this collection in editorials.

Can't believe I hadn't bothered to see this... so good! gorgeous socal lighting and I always thought the LA metro was so underrated, thanks Glen! :woot::lol:

It's a really lovely campaign! You can tell it's Gucci and yet, it's new and different, feeling fresh.

I... like it? It's really good, but these clothes are still bad imho. But I want one of these GG belts. And maybe some bag. But still, this ad would be better with different collection.

We have been stuck in a sort of static limbo, but more and more houses are changing and it looks like we're on the brink of a new era in fashion.

I feel that changes are happening, but they're not grounded in much, at the moment. What passes for freshness is a watered-down reworking of what's gone before, and very few "creators" currently have the courage of their convictions for passion to be truly evident in the end product.

I mean, everyone's visually literate these days, so most adverts don't communicate much more to me than anyone's instagram does. Every designer has a "vision". Every art student has a "vision". Every one of us has a "vision". But it takes a different set to skills to take that vision and set the world on fire with it. And I'm not seeing anyone do that, at the moment. Everyone's too busy looking back at the 90s and trying to bring back a realism that can't be reproduced in another place and time.

I'll wait and see what these ads look like in print. I might be convinced otherwise, come September issues. Maybe changes are afoot, and it won't be Kate Moss on the cover of UK Vogue.

It's an interesting take, nothing sexy or "Gucci" going on though I guess that was the idea...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->