*gucci group drama/ mcQueen turns down YSL offer

:ermm: well , i dont know who will do a better job -stella or narcisso

narsicco is soooo boring to me, and has no attitude. which in my eyes gucci needs attitude, that strong , feminin b*tch vibe. stella certainly has that, but whether or not she will best as creative director is beyond me....... im not thrilled with any of the candidates, but then again, they dont surprise me either. and honestly i cannot come up with any better names :lol: so lets see what happens i guess....... :ermm:

thanks for the imput kit, its more clear to me now :flower:

.... in my eyes gucci needs attitude, that strong , feminin b*tch vibe.
stella certainly has that, but whether or not she will best as creative director is beyond me....... im not thrilled with any of the candidates, but then again, they dont surprise me either
i so agree with you lolita B)

...and if they give the job to narciso at gucci i PRAY they hire someone else for the menswear. i can't even imagine how banal narciso would be for menswear.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jan 9th, 2004 - 12:47 am
...and if they give the job to narciso at gucci i PRAY they hire someone else for the menswear. i can't even imagine how banal narciso would be for menswear.
:lol: so very true mikeijames :flower:

Gucci, now, will always be remembered as Tom Ford's Gucci, so Narciso indeed may not work. As Lolita said, Gucci needs, "attitude, that strong , feminin b*tch vibe" but we have to move on and we all know that a designer who takes over another house cannot maintain all aspects of the house and will go in house own direction. So while I don't want Narciso to do Gucci we have to be more accepting and open to whoever will be the new designer. But if Narciso is the desinger already I think he's smart to know that if he will go in his own direction he needs to give Gucci a facelift while not totally going into another direction and needs to work on the things they have in common: they love black, and make sexy outfits. Plus Narciso already mastered 'Narciso Rodriguez' ever since he came back from Milan and he can offer a lot to Gucci. He's smart and I can count on him.

I know a lot of designers (Nic. G. is one of them) who love Gucci and Tom Ford/his designs (secretly or out in the open) and I'm sure the smart ones will work in his manner while retaining their design.

As for menswear why not? I wanna see subtle & sexy innovation in clothing.

i cant see narciso @ gucci he doesnt have that sleekness to him id rather have stella there alexander for ysl is an experiment worth seeing since its a far cry from tom ford>

According to HELLO! Fashion:

5 JANUARY 2004
Since Tom Ford announced he was quitting as creative director of Gucci, fashionistas the world over have had their eyes on the hottest race in the world of style. And now, a new name is being bandied about for the high-profile job – British designer Stella McCartney.

Rumours that Sir Paul McCartney's 32-year-old daughter will be taking over are gathering momentum in fashion circles. The designer, whose eponymous label reportedly lost £7.2 million in the last two years, is said to be among the front-runners for the position.

Though Gucci has remained silent about who'll be hired as the new boss – Narciso Rodriguez, Alexander McQueen and Marc Jacobs are all said to be possible candidates – at least one insider says the former Chloe designer is a sure-fire bet for the post. "The position will not become free until April," a source told the Daily Mail, "but it has been decided that Stella is going to take over."

I like Stella, but how will a person who is anti animal products going to take over a house thats bread and butter is leather goods?

Ugh, Stella McCartney - their menswear is going to become rubbish if the evil Stella takes over...

Prince,that entire house will be rubbish if Stella takes the position. And I thought they ruled out MJ??

Marc Jacobs...y'know...American druggy, designs Louis Vuitton when they aren't getting other people to do it (about once a year)...

No offense, but I think she needs to get a grip on her own label first before even considering designing for another one...To be honest, I think we will all just have to wait until April to see who is crowned the Gucci King... Or Queen!

I think she should work for another label...but not as top designer...she needs to learn how it's done...then she can be top designer, and after that start her own brand...

Some Stella:

100119418.jpg

100119416.jpg

100119424.jpg

100119430.jpg

It's all so dull...that woman needs to have a long chat with John Galliano...somewhere between her and him there is a very good designer...

Originally posted by ebowleg@Jan 10th, 2004 - 6:22 pm
No offense, but I think she needs to get a grip on her own label first before even considering designing for another one...To be honest, I think we will all just have to wait until April to see who is crowned the Gucci King... Or Queen!
100% agreed!!!
stella is just NOT a designer. she is always trying to prove a point with no regards to profit... obviously :wacko: :blink:

I think I am the only one on the board who likes Stella's designs :unsure:

I'm willing to give anyone a chance before ruling them out completely. I agree that there has been doubt about her own line's profits and that should be handled first but we shall see.

Originally posted by Scott@Jan 10th, 2004 - 12:03 pm
that entire house will be rubbish if Stella takes the position.
that it will be

I really don't like Stella's designs - I hope she doesn't get gucci, and if she does I hope she makes some major changes in her technique

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"