Gucci Icon-Temporary Pop-Up Sneaker Stores

ChrissyM

girl who fell to earth
Reaction score
some interesting sneaker news...
i'd be curious to see what the shoes actually look like before passing any judgement...
i just hope there aren't a lot of overly logo'd messes in the lineup... :innocent:

Mark Ronson designs trainers for Gucci's pop-up store

By Laurelle Gilbert | Posted: Wed 05 Aug 2009

Gucci launches 'Gucci Icon-Temporary', a pop-up trainer store that will travel the world.

Looking for the perfect pair of trainers with limited edition status? Gucci has the answer.

Creative Director Frida Giannini has created a pop-up trainer store that will travel to some of the world's coolest locations starting in SoHo New York in October. Other stops are to include London, Paris, Berlin and Tokyo - with the store remaining in each place for just a few weeks.

The shop will stock 18 trainer designs in all, 16 for men and two for women. And for extra exclusivity, Gucci has collaborated with music producer, DJ and trainer addict Mark Ronson to design one unisex trainer for each city.

'I spent many, many years as an avid sneaker collector, so I wanted to make sure these Gucci shoes were truly special from an aesthetic and collectable point of view', Ronson told WWD today.

Frida Giannini has incorporated Gucci's iconic GG logo and famous red and green stripe in the new trainer designs - a theme which has also influenced the design of the pop-up store on New York's Crosby street.
elleuk.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->