Gucci Mens F/W 04.05

:unsure: ok whats going on with this chick on the runway doing some kinda dance

I have to agree, this is a wonderful mens collection...i cant wait too see the womens collection!!!

from hello mag

15 JANUARY 2004
Tom Ford waved goodbye to Gucci Menswear on Wednesday, presenting his final collection for the label in Milan. The audience was treated to a raunchy, 1960s-themed spectacle, as a team of pole dancers provided a risqué backdrop for his latest designs.

"I asked myself, what was my Gucci all about," said the company's creative director. "It's about celebrating a playboy, about hedonism, luxury, glamour and sex." And Tom himself looked very much the part, in a chest-baring dress shirt and closely cut velvet suit.

Ever the professional, he presented a gentlemanly collection that will pass the baton smoothly to his successor. Long fitted coats and classy tweed jackets sailed down the catwalk over tight white trousers and crocodile shoes. There was also a smattering poodle-fur trim, offsetting white tote bags with sturdy webbing straps.

It's all very James Bond (yes, I know who really designs JB before you jump at me...)....

Love the shot of [is it bourbon?] that appears to be a recurring theme...I think Tom Ford could do slim bow-ties for once though....

It's definitely wonderful, very stylish and classy! :heart:
A great "farewell" for Tom Ford.

Its not bad ( for gucci) I liek the the 60's theme, btu I hate that velvet balzer :sick: :yuk:

Based on the first few pictures I just saw weird pale plain white-grey combination. After seeing the whole collection I think that it's a good, strong one with great suits and coats for 40sths.

Still, not excited about it. And I don't like the high collar sweater and velvet neither.

Where did the ol' Gucci thread go? :unsure: I gave my comments there. But I thought he captured the Gucci man and "playboy" perfectly. I also saw (From Suzy)
Ford majoring on tailoring, with slim suits, long fitted coats and with classy tweed jackets that fitted above taut white trousers caressing the rear. Many of these jackets, in velvet, suede or leather, might have been custom-made - so perfect was the fit and refined the detail. Ford did not forget Gucci's casual side, but he made pastel pink and blue blouson jackets and pony-skin zippered coats look as luxurious and upscale as subtly patterned silk tuxedos.

Anways to make a long story short ...

Rating: 8.0 (Out of 10); Strong.

Scary skinny trousers :-) skinnier than Prada gym leggings. A new sexy thing? :-)

nqth,

Skinny, tight trousers were really big at the fall 2003 men's shows. Especially ones with a slightly cropped length that hit just at the ankle.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jan 16th, 2004 - 10:49 am
nqth,

Skinny, tight trousers were really big at the fall 2003 men's shows. Especially ones with a slightly cropped length that hit just at the ankle.
Oops :-) I am missing the trends here :-)

The trousers must catch my attentions this year, esp. on those almost beefy legs, hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->