Gucci Mens S/S 10 Milan

i love those geometric print shirts and the metallic suits are intriguing, too! :D

i usually love her menswear collections but this time is probably the first time i'm dissapointed. there's a few i like here and there but overall it's boring to me. ugh i'm hating this sporty/rainjacket thing trend going around so far.

I like some pieces, specially the bags, I can't wait to put my hands in one of them omg, but as a collection it's kind of boring and repetitive. I don't really like this :S, though the bags are to die for haha

Not crazy about this collection though I do like some pieces. I actually kind of like the knitwear a lot along with some of the bags.

I know its summer but I hate head to toe 'white' looks... I just don't think it can work on average people in the real world.

Its not necessarily ugly, but its just so horribly genereic. What's the mood here? Beach rocker goodboy?? I dont get it. Im not getting a personality vibe of any sort.

The coloured suits are beyond trash, theyre.......repulsive. Those sweater vests with the silly prints on them look alright but I cant imagine wearing them and being taken seriously.

White pants........ :shudder: :shiver: :shatter: White pants are the ULTIMATE fashion disaster for me :yuk:

Not crazy about this collection though I do like some pieces. I actually kind of like the knitwear a lot along with some of the bags.

I know its summer but I hate head to toe 'white' looks... I just don't think it can work on average people in the real world.
I agree. It's a great look in theory, but not exactly realistic. Plus when the first half of the show seems to be comprised of white-on-white it all starts to blur together.

As for this, it's not as trashy as usual, but there's still a certain cheapness to it. It doesn't look expensive and it doesn't look high quality, which is insulting given Gucci's pricetags these days. It's nice to see something toned down from her, but as with the womens resort collection, when you strip away the embellishment you're left with entirely unremarkable clothing.

As an aside, WHAT is her obsession with iridescent fabric? A shirt in fabric that changes from red to blue, that's a maybe. A suit that changes from red to blue, that's a retinal assault.

Expecting something absolutely abysmal from Frida, I must say I am surprised to see at least a clean white/dove gray statement from her.

Those complete white looks are begging to be dissected. The only way to wear those blazers is to combine them with a pair of old jeans. That is the only acceptable way really. The clothes look cheap and repetitive, and the shoes are also not the best. Heavy Dolce and Cavalli influence all around. That said, I would prefer these silver blazers with the patterns around the sleeves etc. to all that glittery monstrosity displayed over at Dolce. At least they do not look cheap. I think they are unique and smart actually.

The knitwear is horrendous and the bags leave a lot to be desired for me. I hate the generic styling, and some of the top/pants combos. Some of the pants look too feminine on and for boys. No space around the crotch... it is weird really. Maybe it is the fit that is the problem, but few men would be comfortable to wear white dress pants that skinny.

I would not argue to much about the lack of taste presented here with the final iridescent suits. I mean, who will buy and wear them like that I wonder since they are terrible to even look at, but no matter what, there is absolutely not excuse for that very last pink/lilac suit with the red shirt... THE WHOLE LOOK IS TOO AWFUL FOR WORDS!!!!

I only like the gunmetal blazers with the patterns around the sleeves and hems, and some of the tops. Who would buy these when there are Versace and GFF across the street???

This is really disappointing and boring overall. The mesh colour suits at the end are very similar to past collections, and the printed knitwear, whilst a 'new idea' it seems, is very odd and jarring.

cheap cheap cheap!

the collection is so all over the place. im getting a sporty vibe from it, like i would expect to see most of these things in nike or some sports brand store, not gucci.

with the look in mens suiting becoming more louche with loose pants and blazers , frida is usually the last person on the trend bus , the looks here look soo 2006 , the hedi slimane skinny suit look has been done to DEATH and IMO is passe, frida doesnt experiment at all or develop new ideas but im not surprised she is frida after all. Those metalic blazers look very trashy . Its an improvement from her horrid fall 09 collection but thats not saying much either.

I love the shoes and the bags....

P.S. All whites are coming back??

knitwear, outerwear, and high-tops....for spring? not so fast frida. methinks she plans on selling these clothes to the customer who cannot necessarily rush out to buy a new wardrobe the minute the temperature drops or rises. also, there's plenty of run of the mill shoes, shades, and suits here to keep them happy.

it seems that those houses with the most established brand images in the marketplace -- the burberrys, versaces, armanis of the world -- find themselves least able to take REAL risks on the catwalk. where's the joie de vivre from last spring?

I was literally about to say the same thing; unless you're a genuine American Psycho how are you going to keep these things clean?

I still like some of the jackets (though I prefer a sharper shoulder . .) but otherwise it's a not-so-awful collection from Giannini.
Is that bag embossed alligator ?

I love the suits and the sweaters, but that's it.
Very safe collection, but we have to remind ourselves it's Frida we're talking about.
:innocent:

Yes i gree with you lovee the bags are the best of the collection, and the pants

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->