Gucci Pre-Fall 09.10 : Anja Rubik by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Good that my feeling about this being a pre fall campaign are true.

Its not a boring campaign, but its so awfully distracting, you dont know what to look at. Anja's face or her blonde hair or the shoes or the background. I think the horizontal position doesnt help.

Gucci always releases a 'bag' campaign. First Indy with Natasha, then Hysteria with Lily. This bag is not Hysteria actually: I think it is the new Jackie (the old and wildly popular Jackie belonging to TF period and even before I think)

Nonetheless, I think it is a hideous bag.

Its not a boring campaign, but its so awfully distracting, you dont know what to look at. Anja's face or her blonde hair or the shoes or the background. I think the horizontal position doesnt help.

After your post and actually looking at the ad itself, i can totally see what you mean. i think if anaja wasn't placed horizontally what's really trying to be sold would come across so much more clearly.

I had a hunch it was pre-fall, they would never do something so boring for Fall.
I figured the thread title would be changed.

Nice to know that this is not the actuall campaign for Fall, there's still some hope.

^ :lol:
I don't know, last season's Lily/Abbey catalog was better than the SS campaign, I share your hopes though.
This looks OK, not good not bad, just OK.

Gucci always releases a 'bag' campaign. First Indy with Natasha, then Hysteria with Lily. This bag is not Hysteria actually: I think it is the new Jackie (the old and wildly popular Jackie belonging to TF period and even before I think)

Nonetheless, I think it is a hideous bag.

they have to.

with the god awful RTW, they're totally floating on accesories sales. that godawful "Crystal GG" is wildly popular in Asia for example.

also, all the spokespeople for their bag campaigns have been tall and blonde.

just food for thought....

Nice to know that this is not the actuall campaign for Fall, there's still some hope.

I'm so pleased to hear this as I wasn't looking to one girl shots looking like this.
Hopefully the styling and look of the ads will be completely different and the girls will all interact with each other.

I don't mind this ad's style, but I'm happy to hear that it's merely the warm-up act for the main campaign still to come.

scanned by me from UK Vogue August 2009

thanks for posting. I liek ti better when it's up and not lying down like the previous ads.

i much prefer her lying horizontal..don't really like the newest shot. thanks for posting, Vogue28.

I just saw the new ads downtown, they look alright in the big format, but really they're hardly impressive. Anja is one of the few people who could make the ads look bareable. If it was someone like Lily or Abbey or Rihanna I would have hated it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"