Gucci Resort 2011

disco54

Reaction score
Frida's back to her tackiness and her hideous frida pant.

www.wwd.com

Attachments

• gucci03.jpg
    gucci03.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 47
  • gucci05.jpg
    gucci05.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 43
^ the swimsuit and the trench are quite nice actually. i like the print. hopefully in time I can see it in a bigger picture. :smile: thank you purplethistle /disco54 for posting

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant believe this woman is doing couture , she cant even put out a decent resort collection or RTW for that matter haha. Delusions of Grandeur reign supreme at Gucci

I get a strong Peter Dundas for Emilio Pucci vibe from some of the pieces I see here already, am I right?

Yes, I was looking at it more and more and think if I change the print or different color palette, how would this turn out. It could possibly be developed to Dunlas's Pucci. But his is so much stronger than this.

It's VERY good!
Much better than last mediocre RTW collection,really liking the prints and the accessories :woot:
Need to see more

Ok I know Resort isn't meant to be the most groundbreaking of presentations but come on! This is so unimpressive.

I think Frida genuinely just does not have it in her to be interesting. The woman just doesn't have a creative bone in her.

Well, the fall collection proved to me at least that she's got what it takes to do work that looks and feels like Gucci. She set herself a new standard, and I'll be holding her to it.

So far this looks like typical resort fare, nothing to hate and nothing to lust after. I'm not expecting to be impressed by it, but I'd like to see more.

Frida is so boooooooring, with her RTW and her Pre-Fall/Resort designs. As someone said, she is not creative at all. I have yet to yearn for a piece from any of her collections. A far cry from Tom Ford.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Spike; it's typical resort/pre-fall with nothing spectacular to be expected. I like the pieces, but that's it. I just like them.

Like everyone has said, it's just the Resort Collection. It's funny I cannot remember who said this but a fashion critic was saying that everyone has been so quick to dismiss Frida's work for Gucci yet her sale figures are way up. Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"