Gucci S/S 04 Milan

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Jan 11th, 2004 - 12:37 am
sorry! :unsure: i have to remember to search!

no problem pradaromance :flower:
keep in mind that all major (and most minor shows) are covered while they happen here at FS, so just browse our archives and feel free to re-vamp older topics :heart:

I liked bits of the collection - the accessories were alright, not as good as I had expected them to be, I didn't really like the bags :unsure:

it's alright. i didn't like the stupid track pants and how much effing attention they got.

i like the green shoes. they're high and stilettos are hot.

I don't know if anybody got to see any real close ups of some of the dresses toward the end, but the detail is incredible. That orange dress is made entirly of strips of fabric. The last few seasons, Tom's Gucci garments have been very detail minded. Loved this collection, it's what Gucci represents, sex, glamour and gorgeousness. :heart:

i first saw the trunk show in the beginning of january, i was actually impressed on seeing it in person and seeing the detailing. i love the shoes though! they are really hott. the gold jacket and the boleros are great. and the bags are great too.

Originally posted by Lena+Oct 5th, 2003 - 12:33 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Oct 5th, 2003 - 12:33 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-cedriceccentric@Oct 5th, 2003 - 3:41 pm
Gucci is the new Versace. And Versace is going Escada. :wacko:
:rofl: so true, Tom & Dom are actualy in talks with donatella, they might be taking over versace [/b][/quote]
I don't know if I understood your post (I'm italian), but if you wanted to say that Ford and DeSole may be going to work for Versace: there are rumors that the two could take over the Fendi accessories department, or even start a brand new collection of luxury accessories on their own.

There is nothing for sure, but the Versace option seems like the less realistic right now.

I hope you understood what I wanted to say I don't master a very good english :cry:

If Ford boost more and more high Gucci on the scale of the luxury, he keeps the sexy glamour and the portable character which resuscitated the brand in 1995.

We attend even a remix of its hits: boleros in flashy fur, subject recurring reptile on evening dresses, low-fronted shoes with reins in python, without forgetting the famous bag with huge decorated bit this season of strips of colours.
I like it. It's great :P

This isn't a BAD collection. The clothing is good looking...it just isn't interesting. Just rehashed. The only thing I feel strong about is the bags...I strongly dislike them.

i like this collection...i think i may get the blush bolero & the gold snakeskin sandals...but that would be it

Originally posted by Fujyn@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 11:28 am
If Ford boost more and more high Gucci on the scale of the luxury, he keeps the sexy glamour and the portable character which resuscitated the brand in 1995.

We attend even a remix of its hits: boleros in flashy fur, subject recurring reptile on evening dresses, low-fronted shoes with reins in python, without forgetting the famous bag with huge decorated bit this season of strips of colours.
I like it. It's great  :P
actually... they are ostrich feather boleros.
100114211.jpg

what is hott are the shoes and the fringe bag.
100114250.jpg
100114256.jpg

they look even better in person.

Originally posted by MaLkAv+Feb 23rd, 2004 - 9:12 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaLkAv @ Feb 23rd, 2004 - 9:12 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Lena@Oct 5th, 2003 - 12:33 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-cedriceccentric
@Oct 5th, 2003 - 3:41 pm
Gucci is the new Versace. And Versace is going Escada. :wacko:

:rofl: so true, Tom & Dom are actualy in talks with donatella, they might be taking over versace
I don't know if I understood your post (I'm italian), but if you wanted to say that Ford and DeSole may be going to work for Versace: there are rumors that the two could take over the Fendi accessories department, or even start a brand new collection of luxury accessories on their own.

There is nothing for sure, but the Versace option seems like the less realistic right now.

I hope you understood what I wanted to say I don't master a very good english :cry: [/b][/quote]
those rumors went around awhiles back. versace definitely needs alot of help but i think for should come out with his own line... at least we know that his first goal is to become an actor and win an oscar.

Originally posted by Cicciolina@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 9:41 am
So blah and I don't like it. I can't believe he actually let this be shown as a collection... it doesn't work today and it seems like it's some retrospective, regurgitating ideas from his other seasons. No direction or common theme. So blah. *yawn* zzzzzz
completly agree. looks like he pulled odds and ends from other collections

Originally posted by mode_addict+Feb 23rd, 2004 - 10:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mode_addict @ Feb 23rd, 2004 - 10:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fujyn@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 11:28 am

I like it. It's great  :P
actually... they are ostrich feather boleros.
100114211.jpg

what is hott are the shoes and the fringe bag.
100114250.jpg
100114256.jpg

they look even better in person. [/b][/quote]
its ostrich! i have been thinking for the whole time that its marabou :unsure:

I was looking forward to an AWESOME collection this time. I was kinda rooting for tom to show something that would define his stay at Gucci. something sexy, and provocative.

Everything is so baggy this year and the skirts are longer than usual (for tom anyways) this doesnt say SEX to me at all.

This was an interesting collection. Tom Ford created sweat pants but made out of silk? And paired with immaculate jackets for a 'relaxed look'.

Pretty brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->