Gucci S/S 2019 Paris

I love Alessandro’s Gucci, but this just seems dead to me. There’s only a few intriguing looks.

At least in previous collections the ugly stuff was still interesting.

Beautiful production. The Birkin interlude was touching but as for the clothes...
Le Palace hold a special place in French fashion and even in French culture. This club represented the exhuberance and renaissance of French fashion. It was a time of excess that has forever impacted our culture.
The production instead of being celebratory felt a bit like a funeral of an era that is already gone. Birkin added that Drama factor.

Ok, we could create a connection between those clothes and the spirit of freedom and excess of Le Palace but the problem is that Michele, no matter where he decide to show his collection, it’s always the same narrative.

The same exact collection could have been shown in NYC, at the studio 54 (the place which used to be the 54) with Diana Ross, Cher or Bette Midler for the interlude.

There was nothing particular special about this collection. It’s typical Gucci: some good, some bad with fun sunglasses...

Showing at Le Palace was more a way for Kering to compete with the big players that are Chanel & LVMH.

This is just embarrassing. What a onenote designer. He's like Dolce and Gabbana - just rehashing the same crap each season. I mean, it's the same thing EVERY. SINGLE. SEASON! Hate her or lover her, but you cannot deny that at least Frida had a new theme or idea each season that differentiated it from the season before and the season after. Alessandro's seasons have no direction or unique ideas.
It baffles me that people praise him for such sloppy and lazy collections.
There are only a small handful of nice jackets and coats but other than that it's just ugly.
I wish more people in the industry would tell him to pull his head right out and do something new and different and luxurious.

If I see one more "Librarian-chic" or "Vintage Opshop-chic" collection...

His weakest collection to date. There’s nothing a strong message or theme to hold it together. The merchandising in stores is always great but this is pretty meh.

I wish the styling was a bit more sleek. There’s always a lot going on at Gucci but this looks unintentionally messy

I'm somewhat underwhelmed by this collection. It's missing the fun and quirk which has become his trademark. I find this too heavy. I'm actually more interested in the snake print minidress and black pantsuit, which seems to be like his two solitary attempts at simplicity. Maybe that could be his next step? To turn out a really simple colection with quirky accessories.... With the focus really on the construction of each piece, while finally winning the naysayers over.

The best ever. Breathtaking.
Love the show from the first moment until last second.
This was magical.
The clothes are top as always. It is overstyled as always but this overstyle works also in real life not only on the runway.
Who prefer single pieces will surely find a lot to pick .

Same old, same old. Doesn't he - or his costumers, really - ever get tired of the same ridiculous parade of kitsch hipster clothes season after season? It's not even fun anymore - if it ever was - it's just boring at this point.

Can anyone point out when did Tom Ford release those shield sunglasses Alessandro just brought back? It's from a 90's collection, isn't it? Carine wears it to this day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->