Gucci S/S 2024 Milan

A WAAAAAAAY much better than any of the previous Alessandro Michele's BS! Ben fatto, signore Sabato De Sarno!!! :clappinghands::clappinghands::clappinghands:

The only thing good was the soundtrack but the show was terrible , poorly constructed slip dresses for teenage girls with sneakers, low slung booty shorts and skirt , ugly shoes. Epic Fail. The Tom Ford show was 1000000000X better and captures Gucci essence. This guy is not going to be remotely as successful as AM , because AM despite being tacky catered to a huge variety of tastes and had far better accessories. I saw none of that today.

The Valentino-isms are too strong in this for it to really stand out for a collection that is supposed to be Gucci.

I kept waiting for this to go somewhere, but nothing really happened in this. The designs are so reduced they're barer than bare bones and visually droning. It's all "high fashion" clothes for influencers. The flatforms were horrible too, made for some awkward walks.

If she is to continue being the face, I don't see how Daria really works with, for or in these clothes and accessories; in fact she seems like the polar opposite to what this represents.

Oddly enough, whenever there was some kind of design happening I was brought back to some of Christopher Kane's collections right away.

I truly loved it, the music too. All the best to de Sarno and team!

Well, the soundtrack is great at least.

There is a lot of sexy basics, though some of those fabrics felt very stiff in motion and there was a lot of looks that felt like filler. If it wasn't for the Gucci logos and brand emblazoned across half the clothing, you wouldn't know it's Gucci. It felt like a lesser sister to Bottega or even the new Ferragamo. The necklaces were great though.

Let's see if the marketing and branding can spin this around and make it to the financial mark they want to achieve. They can go the Celine route and sell stables for the rich.

What’s with them loafers, loved the soundtrack also I thought they would do a menswear debut at the same time but I guess not

Was I being delusional expecting Vittoria, Liu Wen and Daria on the show? Apparently yes, but somehow it worked. But some of the girls looked like teenagers which I dislike a lot.

It was a bit all over the place and some editing was definitely needed but there are some incredible skirts, coats and tailoring pieces overall. The crystal looks can also be a hit. The neon and lace looks were not necessary at all though.

He probably tried to please all Gucci’s publics and demographics and forgot to put his own touch into it but I am positive the he can build his vision in the next season and be more concise.

Regarding the set: loved, very chic and the video editing also great and allowed us to appreciate the clothes without passing through them too fast in a distracting way.

Also loved the soundtrack (specially Romy’s Loveher from her new album)

Hmmmmm I think now we know why last several RTW collections of Valentino were so lacklustre

Some editing would have been nice, those lace dresses were not needed. And perhaps if he had attempted to show a smaller collection, we would see a clearer vision, because currently I don't see one.

You knew "when a meeting could have been an email"? Say hello to "when a runway show could have been a showroom walkthrough", courtesy of Gucci.

That was lacklustre to say the least... Absolutely no point of view, just a run down of what they're certain to $SELL$SELL$SELL$.

Some looks felt particularly dated (I had to double check the date when that black dress with the white sneakers showed up), most of it felt like a high-street rendition of Gucci, with some poor hints of Prada and Miu Miu. All of it drowned in music that made you feel like you were at a party you didn't want to attend in Mykonos.

Blockbuster brands like Gucci should give an impulse, not offer what's already in high street stores.

That was a terrible debut, I can't say I'll be looking forward to the next collection.

So underwhelming and terribly boring. There’s no signature, no discerning elements that separate these clothes from everything else out there at the moment.

Also, where is the menswear? Surely they won’t wait until January to debut his vision for the menswear?

Ahahahah, I love how we got collectively baited by the campaign with Daria Werbowy. And now we are supposed to fall in love with Gucci with this basic nonsense. While I'm not the biggest fan of Michele, he had a strong vision and created a complex universe for the brand. Same with the F/W 2023 show, it was chaotic, but at least it had an interesting eccentricity going on. This collection is completely anonymous and could have been marketed as a cheap alternative to Valentino. The accessories are also incredibly weak. The only nice point of the show was literally the soundtrack, nothing more. There's no aspiration, no direction, it's just there to waste our time. And if a debut doesn't present any point of view, it should be worrying because it means there's nothing to push further.

Good look with making Gucci profitable again with this merch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericsalodesign
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->