Zorka

Reaction score
SUMMER STORIES
Photography:
Harley Weir
Styling: Mel Ottenberg
Hair: Mustafa Yanaz
Make-up: Diane Kendal
Models: Sora Choi, Indira Scott, Aivita Mūze, Kevon Adonis Gyamfi, Adarsh Jaikarran & Pierce Abernathy

theimpression.com

Any last remnant of the Alessandro Michele weird glamour is gone, I see. The campaign with Gosling felt transitional and now this and the recent Dakota Johnson campaign have been in the same commercial vein. I think I'll miss the weirdness a bit, but maybe a change was needed. I kind of like these. They're so broadly appealing and safe but pretty well executed and will probably be quite successful.

Thanks for posting, Zorka

Just watched the campaign video. They use the song "I'll Try Anything Once" by The Strokes and I immediately though of the movie "Somewhere" by Sofia Coppola, which uses the same song, and also features a whole lot of people aimlessly floating in pools and underwater shots. Coincidence? I doubt it, especially considering the Gucci Chateau Marmont thing from a few years ago.

Slightly refreshing but those are quite ugly products…

Somehow I like what I see... Looks like they're looking to get back on track. Keep going!

Has a slight early 2000s ad campaign vibe to it that I enjoy. Wish the products and casting was better.

Gucci is back to basics which is not necessarily bad.

Michele’s grotesque extravaganza is definitely gone for good.
will we miss it? which other brand occupies this niche of taste right now?

agreeing with @Lola701 the product offering is indeed lacklustre.

1st and 7th shots are the best ones.

It looks like they have settled themselves to compete with Micheal Kors level of brand

Gucci said they were tired of dressing instagram scammers and alienating rich people.

Guccis image these past 10 years or so has been jeffree star - not jetset in capri. Like rubber slides worn by onlyfans stars does not create a desirable brand. Switching the G back to the interlocking G was smart because now all the stuff with the running G looks instantly dated.

this whole social media experiment is over. Brands arent trying to trend and appeal to 15 year olds in developing countries anymore. Idk how they thought people making 3 dollars a day were gonna buy anything gucci - not even a lipstick is in reach.

I have an unhealthy relationshop with raffia and natural plant fiber stuff. I love raffia woven bags and shoes. I literally will buy any mens espadrille I have such a fetish for them. So this proposition is perfect for me. I love raffia woven bags.

Last edited:
Honestly it’s so refreshing to see a more ‘mature’ Gucci image now. I mean it’s nothing to rave home about (products as well) but I do really love that shot by the pool with the two swimmers in the water.

Any last remnant of the Alessandro Michele weird glamour is gone, I see. The campaign with Gosling felt transitional and now this and the recent Dakota Johnson campaign have been in the same commercial vein. I think I'll miss the weirdness a bit, but maybe a change was needed. I kind of like these. They're so broadly appealing and safe but pretty well executed and will probably be quite successful.

Thanks for posting, Zorka

Alessandro’s very one-dimensional sensibility became tiresome so quickly: Good riddance, frankly. But the campaigns were mostly if not always stellar, with the expensive production-value sheen that never forgets it’s selling high fashion. The creatives involved with the branding did wonders for designs that were essentially fashion caricatures, ripping off knockoffs/Dapper Dan.

This— like Lola posted, is ugly (outlet trash). But again, the imageries are very solid... except for the shot of that carryall being held up like some street seller peddling his knockoff merch at any given market stall.

Yall are sum bullies. My sister just ordered that teal large raffia bag in the and the smaller canvas colorway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->