Gucci Watches S/S 2010 : Veruschka & Peter Sellers

tarsha

Reaction score
08c2fc7619f2.jpg
f59df1a49b78.jpg
44bec49c883e.jpg

HOW TIME FLIES: Gucci has set its clocks back. Tapping into its archives, the luxury goods house pulled two black-and-white snapshots from the Sixties that will serve as the backdrop of its new worldwide watch campaign. The ads, featuring model Veruschka and the late actor Peter Sellers, will debut in fashion and lifestyle titles this month as single- or double-page spreads. Superimposed on the old photos are three new Gucci timepieces — the G-Gucci watch, a re-edition of a Sixties model with a G-shaped bezel and a modern bracelet strap; the house’s first-ever digital watch whose dial displays two time zones and has a rubber strap, and a classic man’s chronograph sporting a moss green strap.

“The images featured in this campaign are some of my favorites from the Gucci archive,” said creative director Frida Giannini. “They perfectly illustrate not only the glamour of Gucci’s past and the many style icons who were naturally drawn to the house, but also show how this heritage can be relevant today.”
wwd

OMG! Verushchka :wub: Love it! Timeless!

does not do it for me, I dont get the relevance between the watch and the background pic

i like the second pic, but it doesn't feel like an ad for a watch to me

It is indeed as Gucci said it is -- Timeless. I love how the ad evokes that appeal, and how luxuriously understated it is! Nice to see a modelling living legend on an ad too! ^_^

I like the concept, bringing back old images from Gucci's files... :smile:

very irresistible givenchy add ? but really chic ! i love it !!!!!

Interesting. Love that they have revived archive images for a current campaign.
Veruschka & Natasha Poly are usually compared with each other, I love it. Thanks tarsha!

I quite like the idea but the picture of the product (the watch) itself is ruining it for me

If I didn't read that quote I would have asked how the hell Veruschka manage to look so young in the pictures? LOL

If I didn't read that quote I would have asked how the hell Veruschka manage to look so young in the pictures? LOL

Veruschka's looking very young and Peter Sellers is looking very alive.

I love seeing shots of the Gucci look from the jet-set era, so I hope there's more to come, even if I have to wait until next season to see a few more classic images from the archives.

very vintage in the best way possible, loved the ads, very nice idea to use Veruschka ^_^

It kinda reminds me of Mick Jagger and some girlfriend he had - but who?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->