Guys Influence on your style

city girl said:
i love what this guy is wearing..(thesartorialist)

I was just going to post that! I love his style. I'm so inspired by guys' style right now, the tailoring, the materials etc. I wish I was skinnier though - I'ts harder to pull off boy style if you're a curvy girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband killed my inner dragqueen..
Edited - Oh I guess it's not that kind of thread :ninja:

I love the Stones, so I can't help but be a little inspired when I see what Mick and Keith wear. I know it's a little wild and out there, but that's what I love about it, the fact that they're so utterly cool that they can get away with anything.
reut_8093113_42490.jpg
thumb-Keith%20Richards.jpg
series1h_water_sale.jpg

(nrk.no, magicstatistics.com, out-take.com)

Hanne said:
My husband killed my inner dragqueen..
Heh! Awesome.

I regularly steal my brother's clothes. Men's clothes are so much less trashy (especially the casual pieces), and the quality is better. They are hard to pull off if one is curvy, but I prefer the simplicity of them. I have a lot more fun pairing men's clothing with a funky accessory than I do women's clothing, though I couldn't tell you why.

I've also started buying my dress shirts in the men's or boys' sections and getting them darted, since every women's button-down I pick up these days is missing the top two or three buttons. Those shirts just make me feel like clothing makers think I'm an absolute moron. I mean, if I want to let it all hang out, I'm perfectly capable of undoing the buttons myself. Or maybe the clothing makers are just jackasses. That's always a possibility, too.

One day, I dream of making a post I don't feel the need to edit. Sheesh.

I get style inspiration from skateboard culture, like oversize cotton zip-up hoodies, slouchy jeans, and beat up converse.
shaunhaugh.jpg

[modelhommes]
also english schoolboy uniforms, as quimby has posted. usually I incorporate the white button downs and sweaters into my wardrobe, as well as the newsboy caps. I also love large t-shirts (off the menswear racks in vintage thrift stores). my main influences recently have been 70's/80's british punk bands like the undertones and the jesus and mary chain whose style included loafers, leather jackets, and "skinny" jeans, much of what I wear currently. a little new romantic is in there as well.

[B said:
Hanne[/B]]My husband killed my inner dragqueen..
:lol:

Mullet, that editorial styled by Ellen Af Geijerstam is :wub: :heart:.

There's a lot of men's/guy's clothing (and accessories) that I just love! I have some of my dad's old pieces, which I altered to suit my figure and he had awesome belts! I don't see him around anymore but, EdK had great style that was very inspiring... I would borrow his DH waistcoat and short trench and Cloak cardigan (okay, anything of his really) any day... ^_^

Although it's rather non-existent here, it's quite an interesting experience shopping for men's clothing and accessories! I'll never forget that gorgeous Jil Sander canvas messenger or that divine leather Miu Miu jacket I saw when I went shopping with Honey~Blade :woot:.

Oh and if Baizilla lived near me, I'll be borrowing a lot of his stuff too :ninja: :lol: ^_^!

Colette, I really like the sound of that. ! :heart:
And the pic of that guy is very lovely, love the proportions and colors there. . .

thanks Tine and city girl. :heart:

I really like this outfit:
10.jpg

I have a belt exactly like that, now all I need is the coat and kilt. . . :magic:
[modelhommes]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->