Guys With Earrings

Originally posted by tott@Jan 17th, 2004 - 4:01 pm
a chunky gold ring with a huge, massive stone. A positively baroque, pagan piece of jewellery. Sort of tasteless, actually...
:heart: :heart:

Originally posted by tott@Jan 18th, 2004 - 1:01 am
Oh, except for something I would like: a chunky gold ring with a huge, massive stone.
ahh it reminds me of Nick Cave's rings :heart:

wanted to add that my husband too was a child of the 80's and adorned a stud - remember how during that time if you wore it on your right side (or was it the left) it was supposed to suggest your sexual orientation....... huh?????? yeah laugh every time i see that little hole in his lobe..... i thought i would share that.... even though i dont like it i married someone that used to have one! AND i think i might have liked it, "back then"....

im not a big fan of guys wearing earings :unsure:

i certainly couldnt wear them anyway

Originally posted by lele@Jan 17th, 2004 - 10:42 pm
remember how during that time if you wore it on your right side (or was it the left) it was supposed to suggest your sexual orientation.......
Omg, trip down the memory lane... my now departed grandmother heard something of this down at the bingo hall and refused from then till her death, to wear a full pair. She didn't understand the reasoning, but she fought it till the end.

Originally posted by OriginalGucciGirl@Jan 17th, 2004 - 5:20 pm
Some earrings on men can look sexy, just like bald heads are sexy :kiss: :heart:
haha, my brother has bald head, and earrings :P

back to the topic-
I'm ok with guys who wear earrings, as long as they are not the long & fancy pieces or HUGE diamond studs :ninja:

it really depends on the dude, some men look wretched some look extremely sexy, it depends on their style and look. Has any one seen girl with the pearl earing?

My boss wears smallish and thickish hoops with the pride colours, two in one ear and one in the other. Sort of funny given how distinguished looking he is in every other respect. And when I say distinguished, I am choosing to ignore his "crotchy pants," as we call them.

He says that displaying the goods is just something gay men do... all the time.

Who knew? Not I.

I think when men reach a certain age, they should give up on wearing earrings. There's something about a 40 year old man with a single stud in his ear that looks creepy... :sick:

Anyone else agree?

I find helix piercings really sexy on some guys but other than that, I'd say no to earings on men. Too eighties. :ninja:

Hmmm . . . I'm torn:

I think "NO" for PDiddy, I think "OH YEAH" for Nick Hexum, another "UMM, NO" on Harrson Ford, but then a "HELL YES:" for David Beckham . . . depends on the man and how he rocks it, y'know?

I think John Galliano is hotter than donut grease--that sort of piratical thing he has going.... hmm!

Some guys can wear the hell out of an earring or several. I knew a guy in college who wore some rather chunky snake-shaped hoops (they had tiny scales on them and tinytinytiny ruby chips for eyes) that were just the coolest things ever. Not everyone can work that kind of a look, but on this particular guy, it was perfect.

If you have a big head, or really flappy ears (like Prince Harry of England) or are otherwise really square and clean cut, earrings aren't going to work, but if you can do renegade, punkish, or dandified looks, then earrings are marvelous.

I do love when men have really distinctive, personalized styles.

My boyfriend wears lots of earrings. He wears what are more like body rings, but in ears - no diamonds. (He'd have to buy them for me before himself!)

Don't mind them aslong as you can carry them off. Some men look right with them and then some need some serious help.

I think I'm cursed by this thread... today I walked into/was walked into, by Larry Mullen (of U2) while he tried to shove his child into his little banger and his black cross of an earring distracting me on my travels :ninja:

I jamed a saftey pin threw my ear , it looked good, btu i didnt keep it.

Originally posted by SoJess@Jan 18th, 2004 - 11:07 pm
Hmmm . . . I'm torn:

I think "NO" for PDiddy, I think "OH YEAH" for Nick Hexum, another "UMM, NO" on Harrson Ford, but then a "HELL YES:" for David Beckham . . . depends on the man and how he rocks it, y'know?
ditto -- very well said

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jan 19th, 2004 - 10:11 pm
I jamed a saftey pin threw my ear , it looked good, btu i didnt keep it.
ooh yeah thats how i did mine back in high school. my mom said i would have to pierce my own ears if i wanted em pierced so i took her word for it. nearly passed out at the site of blood but i achieved the look i wanted! hmmmmm still debating whether or not to start wearing them again. i think my hair is a little too clean cut right now seeings i just had a trim a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->