Gwyneth Paltrow Turns Fashion Designer

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by lucy92, Mar 26, 2009.

1. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

Gwyneth Paltrow to design her own collection for autumn/winter 09.
    Gwyneth Paltrow has collaborated on the designs for a capsule collection - ZOEtee's Loves Gwyneth - with the French label ZOEtee's, famous for super-soft jerseywear and versatile separates.
    Made up of jersey basics as well as some glam, 1970s inspired looks and pieces influenced by masculine tailoring, the collection will be unveiled to the fashion press next week in London.
    With Gwyneth's fashion credentials we're expecting a luxe, sophisticated yet very wearable collection of instant hits. We're hoping she might have even asked her pal Stella McCartney for a few design tips.
    The line is still very much still under wraps, but we can tell you that the proceeds from every piece sold will be donated to a charity close to Gwyneth's heart - London's Kids Company

elle UK

2. gb_32

gb_32 Active Member

oh no... now everybody designs. I'm hating it.
    thank u.

3. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

Whatever she's selling... I'm buying.

4. Couture.Retouch

Couture.Retouch New Member

5. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

well at least she's donating the profit to charity. no one does that.

6. vetements

vetements Member

exactly, lets face it. only celebrities have the clout to do such things. even if you and me were to want to do this and donate all proceeds to charity, no one would buy.

gwyneth, lindsay or britney, as long as it is for a good cause, we should support them.

7. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

she has style for some time now , not some random US weekly moron who does a line for cash. Im sure she will come up with good stuff , she is a classy chick .

8. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

here is a pic from people

Style maven Gwyneth Paltrow is about to be the next star to turn designer. French label ZOEtee’s confirms to PEOPLE.com that the actress is designing a capsule collection with them — and she’s already showing it off! Stepping out in London last week, the star wore a heather gray jersey dress from her debut ZOEtee’s LOVES Gwyneth line. The collection, which will consist of seven easy-dressing silhouettes ranging from casual basics to draped evening dresses, will capture the star’s laid-back daytime style, as well as her always-elegant red carpet looks. Taking inspiration from ’70s glam and rock ‘n’ roll, the line will play with form, pairing over-sized shapes with tight-fitting styles and asymmetrical cuts. And style icon Gwyneth made sure she was involved in every stage of the development process, from fit to detailing to fabrics and packaging. Expect to see mesh detailed tops, draped evening dresses, vintage look sweatshirts, jumpsuits and recycled cotton legging basics. ZOEtee’s Loves Gwyneth will hit stores in both Europe and the U.S. in mid-August, with proceeds from every piece being donated to the charity Kids Company.

Attached Files:

9. gius

gius écrivain

seems like a lot of celebrities want to make classic clothes in good fabrics.

10. juanpyx

juanpyx New Member

I think it could be good because she has style at this moment.
    I really hope this be good

11. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

Paltrow and French premium jersey maker Zoe Tee’s have teamed up to create a seven-look collection — called Zoe Tee’s Loves Gwyneth Paltrow — replete with styles for day and nighttime wear for fall. The fashions — crafted in fabrics such as cashmere blends, recycled cotton and wool mesh — are billed to be a mélange of Seventies glamour, rock inspiration and men’s casual suiting. A second collection is slated for spring 2010. All proceeds generated from the clothes will go to Kids Company, a charity Paltrow selected.

wwd.com

Attached Files:

#11 lucy92, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 30, 2009
  12. fashion tyger

fashion tyger New Member

I Love Gwenyth but I am solidly against anymore celebrity designers.

13. daniellat

daniellat Fashion Designer

my words exactly, this crossover thing from acting to modeling to singer and back its just ridiculous singers to sing, actors to act, and designer to design, did i made myself clear? :angry:

14. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I like the dress she's wearing but I mean, she has a great body so it might just look on her. The sketches look cute. I need to see the whole thing before I make up my mind.

15. couturecouture

couturecouture New Member

Good point. I guess that's definitely a good thing.