Gwyneth Paltrow

Serena

Reaction score
From Sep. ELLE:

Sylvia, the movie about the brief, dramatic marriage of glamorous twentysomething poets Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes, arrives in theaters next month primed for controversy—even before the movie wrapped, their daughter fired off a poem denouncing it as exploitation. You can't blame her for being touchy. Plath is America's Frida Kahlo, a gifted artist whose mass appeal rests not on her work but her suffering, which famously culminated in her gassing herself at age 30 while her two young children slept in another room. Plath's most wild-eyed fans pin her death on the philandering Hughes, whose champions have struck back by trying to paint Plath as an egomaniacal Yank jealous of her British husband's talent. So will Sylvia be a cross between Wuthering Heights and Mommie Dearest? Not likely. The best hope for the movie is that it stars Gwyneth Paltrow (opposite a well-cast Daniel Craig, who shares Hughes' slightly brutish good looks) and is directed by New Zealander Christine Jeffs. Paltrow, after forays into the netherworld of fat suits and flight attendants, is clearly hungry for a role requiring real intelligence and emotional complexity; she stayed loyal to the project through four years of development ups and downs. Jeffs came in later, but it's hard to imagine a better fit: Two years ago, she blew critics away with her first film, Rain, a stunning meditation on a passionate marriage gone tragically wrong. —K.D.

Here are some pics of Gwyneth from Allure & ELLE. i realy want to see this movie :o

According to Allure, Gwyneth showed up for an interview in Babete's, East Hampton, in Juicy khaki pants, fruit of the Loom tank, and MJ thermal shirt in cashmere. She ordered soy milk & green tea ( what a combo :yuk: )
Seh was back to shooting Sylvia 2 weeks after her father passed away. "Plath lived & thought outside of the realm of human behavior. And i was too, you know. i would never end my life but you know, I think interms of sufering, I've learned a lot about what it is"
When asked about rumored engagement to Chris Martin from Coldplay :heart: :heart:
she laughed & did not answer. On affleck she said " He's so positive. He's very funny & bright"
In additoin to apratments in the Village in NYC & in LA she bought a crib in London in Belgravia
"it's very posh & boring neighborhood" she said with a laugh :blink:
On British people: "Evreyone seems more articulate. All my friends have real wit. And I love that noone I know there is really in show biz"

Gwyneth is really starting to grow on me :heart:

I'm not at all worried about her playing Plath, they even seem to look a little similar. Looking forward to the movie and quite like Gwyneth too (sometimes).

Originally posted by Belowen@Aug 31st, 2003 - 2:59 am
Gwyneth is really starting to grow on me :heart:
yay im seing her tonight at a play in London :woot: and joseph fiennes :blush: im gonna have a heart attack

Acid, you're so lucky! please tell us all the details afterwards
i always liked Gwyneth, even when she was just starting out in hollywood :heart:

yay im seing her tonight at a play in London w00t.gif and joseph fiennes

how cool acid! i read about that. they will be performing the famous balcony scene from romeo and juliet.

i miss not seeing more of gwen in magazines. i've always loved her style.

I think she looks great. :heart: Her mum is gorgeous, too.

Thanks for posting this, lele. :flower:

Think she looks cute :smile:

I love her hair down - but it isn't bad pulled back, either.

she's really pretty even when she isn't wearing a lot of make up, but on the 3rd picture where she's with her mom, her eyes look wierd, like they're looking diff ways

I think she looks great. She actually just finished filming proof in my neighborhood in Chicago.She seemed very cold, and didn't smile once--it was right around a year after her father's death, so it's understandable. Even though she wasn't friendly, she's still one of my absolute favorites...and, she still looks beautiful in real life.

I think she looks very nice. It makes it even better that she doesn't have a mountain of makeup caked on her face. Her mother is also very pretty. I really want to Sylvia...I think Gwyneth Paltrow is one of the best actresses out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->