Haider Ackermann S/S 2012 Paris

This might not be very different from his previous collections, but the addition of color and some new shapes has done wonders here. This collection is very sexy, but not vulgar and has a masculine edge in the boxy jackets and wide trousers. I always count on Haider to bring excitement in Paris Fashion Week and once again he hasn't disappointed me, especially in this uninspired and lackluster season.

I love this. especially the way the silver drapes on Anja. loveee.

Hate the proportions but loved everything else.

As usual, plenty of rich colours, shine, and incredible manipulation of fabrics. The trousers seem different here, more balloon shaped than in past collections (hello 80s). Some of the leather and prints are gorgeous, too. The shoes: I have some Calvin Klein slide-on oxfords that I'll have to unearth - very similar to the shoes here, only with a block heel.

I like the mix of masculine and feminine in this collection. Not super keen on the fully sheer tops (have seen soooooo much [too much?] sheer) but all in all another lovely lot of Ackerman.

Stunning collection as always; I can't find anything I don't love. :wub:
I love that Haider builds on his previous collections and tweaks things just a little every season and it never manages looks boring or one-note. :heart:

The trousers seem different here, more balloon shaped than in past collections (hello 80s).

The trousers are terribly unflattering, I find, and the finale dress looks as if it has sidled over from Elie Saab and is totally out of place here..
Haider is always draped and styled as if the model was an ancient Greek goddess, this is what I always appreciate about his collections - it's so relaxed, natural and easy.
As phenomenal as that cobalt blue is, I feel as if this is not Haider's best work.

While I agree that the cut of the trousers would be unflattering on most of us, it works here. I love the collection, everything looks so sophisticated, elegant yet edgy at the same time, beautiful and yet disturbing, rich yet cool. It's incredible how he manages to be interesting on so many levels, this is would fashion should be about! :heart:

I don't like it as much as his last two collections. I guess I was expecting more. I'm yet to find a continual motif through the collection. But I do like the the variety of colours and shoes.

A little disappointed, as his past collections were really stunning - out of this world. I don't really like the top-to-toe shiny silks I guess. Still, a lovely collection.

How Haider manages to make menswear for women this sexy is beyond me. He truly makes love to the fabrics. The way he handles fabric is so effortless and allows the nature of the material to come through. Although, I wish it wasn't so shiny. Otherwise, one of the best from this drab season.

jackets and final dresses ae absolutely flawless... wish more celebs wear his clothes

I really enjoyed most all of it aside from some of the pants that were incredibly wide
I'm sorry but I can't think of anyone who actually wants that silhouette to make their hips look bigger

this, however, is my favorite look from the entire collection, just perfection.

style.it

I don't see anything wrong with loose fitted trousers. In fact, I prefer them. I'm sick of seeing skinny jeans/pants (a la Isabel Marant, Balmain). Not everything has to be skin tight. There is an understated sexiness to women in wide legged trousers. Society as been brainwashed to think the body conscious fit is flattering and the only way to be sexy. Look at the women of Comme des Garcons, Junya Watanabe and Yohji Yamamoto, they reject what is deemed as conventional beauty. Their sex appeal isn't an obvious one. There are also many different types of women that have a different definition for what is flattering. There is nothing unflattering about non-skinny trousers. Why must something be flattering to be considered appealing?

Very difficult to pull off in real life, yes. These silhouettes are puzzling for me.

But the way he works with fabrics, really all kinds of materials, blows me away season after season. Refinement of the highest quality, nothing less than a great master's hand.

how's the sales going? i dont think it would be positive...haider's clothes are hard to wear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->