Haider Ackermann to Launch Menswear

mikeijames

no tom ford, no thanks.
Reaction score
the heavens have opened up and sent us a miracle....:D

Haider Ackermann to Launch Menswear * 5/19/10 at 2:05 PM http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010...o_launch_men.html?mid=fashion-alert--20100519

Haider Ackermann, one of Tilda Swinton's favorite designers, plans to launch menswear. He'll show his first men's looks at the Pitti W trade show in Florence on June 16. The Paris-based designer told WWD, “We’re searching for the man behind the Ackermann woman. It’s just a start.” He plans to commercialize some pieces for next season and said he finds men's harder than women's. "Women’s wear is something I fantasize, but with men’s wear, you are comparing it to yourself. I am the consumer." Men, you have something to look forward to.

By: Amy Odell Filed Under: daily male, designers, haider ackermann, menswear

Fashion Scoops
Jay-Z And Friends... Ikram Expansion?... A Good Place Tibi In...
http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fas...shion-scoops-jay-z-and-friends-3079715?page=3
by WWD Staff

Posted Wednesday May 19, 2010
From WWD Issue 05/19/2010

ACKERMANN’S MAN: Haider Ackermann, the Paris-based designer known for his evocative draping and somber aesthetic, is venturing into new territory: men’s wear. Ackermann, who was tapped to headline the Pitti W trade show in Florence in June, will also unveil his first men’s looks during the show. “We’re searching for the man behind the Ackermann woman. It’s just a start,” said Ackermann, who attended a lunch at the Hôtel de Crillon in Paris on Tuesday organized by Raffaello Napoleone, chief executive officer of Pitti Immagine. Ackermann said elements of men’s wear would be commercialized next season, but declined to provide further details. “I find it harder to design men’s wear. Women’s wear is something I fantasize, but with men’s wear, you are comparing it to yourself. I am the consumer,” he mused. Ackermann will unveil his lineup on June 16 at the Palazzo Corsini in Florence.

00290m.jpg

style.com

Oh that's fantastic news! I'm glad his label is branching out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well a menswear line shouldn't be hard to make, for what he does for womenswear anyways, I have a feeling it's going to be very similar.

Mine too. I actually wrote them a letter, why they haven't got menswear and that I desperately want to wear his clothes.

THIS MADE MY DAY. I think I'll be one of the very first buyers of Haider menswear. I'm soooo excited.

I think his womenswear vision will translate perfectly into menswear. It was a very logical move. His last collection was fantastic so I'm excited to see more from Ackermann.

If it is as good as womanswear, then I'm ready to be blown away by his talent. The man is a god in designing.

^well given how exquisite his tailoring is in his women's i think it's got a rather positive starting off point. i think it will be good.

but this is what i've been waiting for since his beginning.

This is so exciting!
I hope he'll make beautiful leather jackets for men, similar to his women's, a perfect mix between tailoring and drapage. I don't think there already is something like that for men

Now, this is exciting. I'm a little worried with this quote though: “I find it harder to design men’s wear. Women’s wear is something I fantasize, but with men’s wear, you are comparing it to yourself. I am the consumer." Hopefully he won't keep that thought process during the design stage. I feel like menswear has a distinct lack of fantasy and he's just the guy to bring some to the table.

It's awesome news, he's so innovative. Unfortunately none of it will make it to NZ and even if it does it will be too expensive.

I'm sorry for you Squizree. I suppose thecorner.com will stock it, so you could purchase it online.

thecorner is brilliant! they've started to carry a lot of pretty exclusive labels of late. boudicca for one is a first as this is their only full-range web shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->