Hair Extensions

I had an awesome, waist-length blonde weave a couple of years ago. It looked awesome but they hurt me constantly, then the stylist at a show I did made me take them out...then stole the hair.

I just felt like telling my story, because it still frustrates me to this day

Anyway, point is they hurt :D

Hair Extension Methods

What type of extension method do you prefere? I vote for the weave technique!!!!

In the long run, a weave will end up costing less money if Installed correctly. The start up cost in any extension method will cost some money, But you will wear the hair (once again, if the hair is a good grade) for up to 6-12 months before you have to replace parts of it. Once the extensions are installed, there is only a track maintainance charge, I charge $60/ track every 2 months. most of my clients wear 2 tracks, that is $120 every 2-3 months of maintainance. The hair will range from $60 - $200 CAD to add hair on occasion, whenever you see nessacary.

With my experience in other methods, genereally the hair has to be replaced each 2-4 months. When the extensions grow out so does the method. You will have to pay to remove the extensions, and pay to have them installed again, and pay to have new hair as well. The hair is not reusable.....

I believe that the weave technique is quite reasonable. In the long run, I think it will end up costing you less. If Done Correct!!!

Any more questions please ask!
Thank you
Fallyne

Fallyne do you mid me asking what type of hair you use as mine doesn't seem to last long and I have to replace it sometimes every 3 weeks!

Fallyne said:
In the long run, a weave will end up costing less money if Installed correctly. The start up cost in any extension method will cost some money, But you will wear the hair (once again, if the hair is a good grade) for up to 6-12 months before you have to replace parts of it. Once the extensions are installed, there is only a track maintainance charge, I charge $60/ track every 2 months. most of my clients wear 2 tracks, that is $120 every 2-3 months of maintainance. The hair will range from $60 - $200 CAD to add hair on occasion, whenever you see nessacary.

With my experience in other methods, genereally the hair has to be replaced each 2-4 months. When the extensions grow out so does the method. You will have to pay to remove the extensions, and pay to have them installed again, and pay to have new hair as well. The hair is not reusable.....

I believe that the weave technique is quite reasonable. In the long run, I think it will end up costing you less. If Done Correct!!!

Any more questions please ask!
Thank you
Fallyne

I assume you're Canadian, where are you from.. I'm thinking I'd like to get them!! I'm in Toronto :flower:

laineybugz: I use 3 different grades of hair, each one will last a bit longer.

1-Virgin Indo Hair: Origin from India, a 100% Virgin Indo texture, dark in color- generally a beautiful brown-black to a chocolate med brown. It has usually a very beautiful wave in it, naturally. It is a great grade and will last if taken care of for aprox 6 months. This will run $60/oz CAD for any length.

2-Processed European hair: Origin as well from India, it is not $100 Virgin, it has been color processed to be any color you wish it to be to match your hair. It has also been thru a chemical process to make the texture of the hair feel more like a European Texture, it is a lot finer than the Virgin Indo Hair. Also a beautiful grade, but will last a couple months longer than the Virgin Indo hair, If you take good care of it, it will last up to 6-8 months. This will run $125/oz for 18"-20" and up to $150/oz 20"-24" for the longer length.

3-Raw Virgin Russian hair: Origin from Russia. It is again 100% Raw Virgin hair. never been treated in any way, all natural. It is the best hair on the market for lasting extensions. THe texture is naturally very soft and silky, with different waves thru it. Some batches of the hair will be practically straight, some will be more wavy and some will be curly. This hair is so beautiful. I personally wear it right now, I will never take it out. It runs $200/oz 18"-20" and $250/oz 20"-24"

You should not have to replace it that soon, it should always last a couple of months.

AndoraStar:

Yes I am from Canada, I live in Vancouver BC. I will be traveling eastward this x-mas, but other than that i will not be making it to TO anytime soon. If you want to E-mail me in regards to reccomendations, please do
[email protected]
:D

i have a question about extentions, once you have real hair extentions in, can you color them?!

i guess not... i mean, your hair might be different of the hair extentions in some way and the color end up different.

I've read in quite a few places that it is no problem to colour human hair-extensions. Its real hair bonded to your own - so colour matching is necessary anyway.

I'm craving extensions again! Anybody have some cheap alternatives to salon/professional extensions?

Erin said:
I'm craving extensions again! Anybody have some cheap alternatives to salon/professional extensions?

I just noticed you are from Chicago, so am I! Where did you have your extensions done before?

Oh. :blush: Well, actually, I've never had them done before... :( Just can't seem to slap the money down for them.

I used to have such long, thick blonde hair in high school and part of college, and have since gone a bit shorter... and I miss my long locks... but I can't seem to keep myself from cutting my hair. I like it two ways - Just at the shoulders, and super long. It's a problem!

And where in Chi are you located?

Erin said:
Oh. :blush: Well, actually, I've never had them done before... :( Just can't seem to slap the money down for them.

I used to have such long, thick blonde hair in high school and part of college, and have since gone a bit shorter... and I miss my long locks... but I can't seem to keep myself from cutting my hair. I like it two ways - Just at the shoulders, and super long. It's a problem!

And where in Chi are you located?

Northwest side, Edison Park...by Park Ridge. What area are you from?

My hair dresser makes temp extensions for when she goes out. I was thinking of having her make s few for me. She attaches pieces of hair to a hair clip. You just clip them in when you go out. I would love to have them but I know how damaging they can be. I am the same way, I have blonde hair that I would love to be thicker but isnt for coloring it. Therefore, I have to trim it all the time. I have been using these vitamins from greatearth.com for hair, they did work after 2 months. My hair grows much faster now.

leyla m. said:
thanks for the advice guys!

I have decided to not get them do to the money factor (ie I have none).

I am still researching this though, I would love to have long hair again! [/b]
i dont know where you live but there is a place in london known only for extensions (stars go there too)
thats where i had my first extensions. theyt are no real hair, therefore cheaper. so if it is to have fun, then you should check it out next time you are there :wink:

its on kensignton church street.. and someone please remind me the name :doh:

otherwise, if you go to afro american hairsalons, they are a lot cheaper too :P[/quote]
its called extreme lengths:wink:

I have extentions right now, it's the kind where they glue tiny sections of hair onto your own hair. I've like to get a weave but I could only find one place in my area that uses real hair, and they only do the glue kind.

I get my car/drivers lisence in may and I think I may drive up to New York in the summer and find a nice place to get a weave done. Could someone tell me more about it -- How long does it last, and how is if different than the type they glue in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->