Hair Removal on Upper Lip

I guess it all depends on skin type, where you're getting it done and pure luck :lol:

I'm used to using Nair and Veet creams for hair removal (good results but you need to be careful using it).

Today I waxed for the first time & the results was even more fantastic ( not that painful)

Does anyone know how to get rid of upper lip hair? I used to use hair removal but it didn't seem that effective. I started shaving it when I was on holiday and realised I had a slight moustache and no hair removal stuff apart from my razor. I've heard waxing is meant to be good but I'm quite scared, as when my Mum went to a beauty parlor to get her underarms and upper lip waxed, they ripped the skin off! It was bleeding and looked so sore! Also, I guess I've have to grow the upper lip hair out a bit so that I could remove it properly - but then I'd be going around looking like Charlie Chaplin :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
About the upper lip, I like threading. The first 1-3 times, it's fairly painful but no burns from waxing or smelly creams. but def. don't shave.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried threading recently and honestly I don't know anyone does it. I think I lasted a couple attempts, cried and quit it. Waxing is so much better for me.

I used to thread, which I found was the best and easiest method for me, specially once I learned how to do it myself. Then I got a coupon in my email (you know the service) for laser hair removal and jumped on it. My technician didn't tell me not to thread or wax or tweeze hairs between sessions, so the hairs aren't completely gone, but SO MUCH LESS than before! I bought a second coupon (because they're so cheap), so I'm really excited for the results this time, since I know what not to do. But seriously, I had weird scars on my upper lip from reoccurring ingrowns, which made it look like I had a dark 'stache anyway - had to cover it up with thick concealer every day. The laser has gotten rid of the ingrowns and peels have taken care of the scars. Plus I don't have to worry about having fuzz on my upper lip, period.

^^ thinking about laser, but people say it's very painful.

I use a lot of Sally Hansen brightener - does wonders to me, but I am fed up with constantly thinking about it.

Lately I've been having trouble waxing my upper lip,my skin is really sensitive and everytime I wax it I get a rash that lasts for days.I tried some skin sensitive stripes but I still get all red and itchy.Does anyone know the name of a good waxing product for sensitive skin??

Sometimes it's good to use Avene - Cicalfate after waxing your upper lip. It does wonders, calms down and skin is not as much irritated after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"