Hair wax: How do you use it!

buggy

Reaction score
I purchased some hair wax and I was curious as to how people use it. Do you put it on wet hair, then blow dry or dry hair then use a ceramic iron or at the very end once you have the style you want?

I don't know what I did on Saturday, but my hair looked shiny and smooth and mega straight! Yesterday and today, ick! Total fro! I have ALOT of hair and the humidity in Houston makes it poof... so I decided to get a ceramic iron -- and wax. The first time I tried it, it rocked. I'm not sure what happened after.

Thanks for any help. :smile:

i think if you've just washed your hair put the wax on first, but probably put a hair protector on first then straighten then put the wax on to style it:flower:

I've always used wax after I've dried, to make my layers stand out more, or when I want to have a piecey/messy look. I use a very small amount, and only use it at the tips of my hair, otherwise it weighs it down and looks too greasy. I've never used it on wet hair before... perhaps the next time I'm bored, I shall try it :ninja:

I've always used wax as a finishing product - i.e. on dry hair. I don't know about using it on wet hair... :huh:

Thanks for the responses. :smile: The package said on wet or dry, so I figured I'd try it. I discovered a spray today --- it makes my hair look so awesome. It is something for use with a hot iron, pretty cool.

Peach, what kind of layers do you have? Long? Short? I'd love to get a how-to on how you do your messy style. :smile:

buggy said:
Peach, what kind of layers do you have? Long? Short? I'd love to get a how-to on how you do your messy style. :smile:

They are long. Actually, to be more exact, short ones that have grown out immensely :blush: I take about a dime size amount of the wax, and warm it up in my hands. I then take pieces of my hair, about an inch in width, and twist the ends with wax. I do this to all of my hair, and when I'm done, I just flip my head upside down and shake my hair a bit so everything loosens. It kind of gives you a day at the beach look. If you see spots you're not happy with, you can go over with a tiny amount of wax. Oh, and I start at the back of my head, because no matter how hard I try, I always end up using too much product at the front if I start there, and it looks a little greasy, rather than messy.

What spray did you find? What look did it give? I'd love to have sleek hair, but I don't want to lose volume, if that makes sense. Like, I'd like it to be glossy, and the ends to be straight, rather than flip out/in... but I don't want all of my hair to just be limp and lay flat against my head. Bah, I'm terrible at explaining things :doh:

I am going to try that! I love the messy look.

The spray I got is in an orange bottle and it's for use with flat irons. I got it at Sally's Beauty. It was cheap, like, $7. I have a ton of hair, so I'm usually able to keep some volume, if not, I just give it a tease and a fluff sort of thing.

I used the spray today, minus wax and some Garnier smoothing stuff. It looked amazing until the humidity hit. It still looks nice and shiny, but less something... I may need to do wax on the ends to keep them more defined and choppy. It does add nice shine without adding that icky coated look though. :smile:

Edit: Here is a link to the stuff: http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1370/140036 -- I am going to buy some straightening balm and use that instead of the Garnier stuff and see how it works in addition to the spray. I need something to finish it off, but I've heard hairspray plus humidity is not a good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->