Halpern S/S 2019 London

The red & blue T-shirt is so cute...Too bad for Halpern's prices.
As far as the whole collection, this is kinda mediocre and limited. I don't know if such a limited concept can work overtime.
Mary Katranzou proved it to us. When at one time she had to move on from the digital prints, all the magic disappeared.

Here, we have a designer who has a very generic and limited "brand Dna". It kinda worked for a few seasons because it was full of drama an glamour but here we are, without all those effect and a simpler approach, it's all flat.
The sad thing is that in a way he has to use the same silhouettes and use the same placements and almost the same family of prints to make his stuff recognizable...

He has the support of Donatella so maybe she can hire him at Versus or as i've suggested for his previous show, he should maybe do Pucci because if at this stage already, he doesn't have much to say, what will happen when his hype will fade?

Is he even aware of the existence of other materials that are not sequin?
One season is nice.. Two is okay.. But then it gets repetitive and ineffective. I understand this is the "identity" of Halpern but a designer must evolve, find a way to stay true to himself and at the same time innovate his work..

The sequin run in the beginning made me sit up. Accessible and glamorous. The rest not so much because it's merely new colour scheme, too repetitive. Overall not a very strong collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->