Hamish Morrow

I agree with Astrid and Spacemiu. :flower: Morrow was very futuristic but not in a completely cold, emotionless sort of way. These clothes have a sweet, feminine feel to them that you can't always find with severe techno minimalism. I like it.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Sep 24th, 2003 - 1:21 pm
These clothes have a sweet, feminine feel to them that you can't always find with severe techno minimalism.
i like that description. :flower:

Originally posted by Acid@Sep 24th, 2003 - 8:38 pm
a certain young man will LOVE this collection :rolleyes:
:lol: not to mention a certain young-at-heart fashion icon :innocent: (me) dearest acid-ious, plus all those forward stylish FSpotters whose posts you seem to have overlooked somehow, muah-kies :heart:

What a fantastic presentation...fascinating but totally unpretentious. I'd wear just about all of it. B)

Another one of my favorites so far. :heart:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe+Sep 24th, 2003 - 1:22 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LolitaLuxe @ Sep 24th, 2003 - 1:22 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed@Sep 24th, 2003 - 1:21 pm
These clothes have a sweet, feminine feel to them that you can't always find with severe techno minimalism.
i like that description. :flower: [/b][/quote]
very well put indeed

Thank you to Lena love ou young at heart self :wink:

hah,there l* :lol:

it does have a bit more than alexandre-which is why i was only joking. by far,this is my favorite of the season,despite what i said elsewhere :wink:

All you ladies,rock,btw!! B)

Acid*,perhaps you should step away from your Marie Claire readership stereotype,because not all women like things that are grotesquely uninteresting and souless.

Very unique. I'm not really crazy about it but it came out alright over all.

I think Hamish had both difficulties financially and with his manufacturer, so that in the end, forced him to cancel F/W 2004 entirely. He did this capsule collection for Yoox, selling one of a kind jackets sewn out of football shirts and duchess satin which I think are still up on their side, among the more experimental "Space Blanket" covered denim and windbreakers. I also heard he's done some limited edition Sunglasses for Dover Street Market, but the last thing I heard was that he unleashed a new collection for F/W 2006, focussing on highly technical fabrics that are using nanotechnology... I haven't seen any of it, though.

On hamishmorrow.com it states that the site is launching fall 2006 and the S/S collection is available at Dover Street Market as well as a few other shops...and even though it is supposed to be on net-a-porter, I don't see him listed.

Ok one last thing, I found a statement by Suzanne Lee who is the Creative Director of Hamish Morrow which says that they worked with NanoTex - a company that makes garments that resist spills, repel and release stains, resist static and provides the "coolest comfort" - they also have clients that include Old Navy, L.L Bean, and Eddie Bauer.

I looked it up because I had no idea what nanotechnology was.

Last edited by a moderator:
found said:
Ok one last thing, I found a statement by Suzanne Lee who is the Creative Director of Hamish Morrow which says that they worked with NanoTex - a company that makes garments that resist spills, repel and release stains, resist static and provides the "coolest comfort" - they also have clients that include Old Navy, L.L Bean, and Eddie Bauer.

I looked it up because I had no idea what nanotechnology was.

thanks for the information, found... :flower:

would you mind posting your references, I'd like to read it as well!

No problem...

Info on Suzanne Lee: http://www.arts.ac.uk/research/17469.htm I wonder if her book about technologically advanced clothing techniques is interesting. I don't remember ever coming across it.

The website of Nanotex is http://www.nano-tex.com/

I've actually found quite a few neat examples of 'advanced clothing' but I guess it's innappropriate to post them here and I can't find a thread about it or maybe I'm not getting the wording right for the search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->