Harper’s Bazaar Australia August 2018 : Lara Worthington by Darren Mcdonald

I was about to groan because this magazine seems to be the playground of Lara Bingle! Yet the result turned out splendidly. She looks great here, and the styling fits her like a glove. There's something artificial Hollywood about it all, but then again this was probably shot in LA. They're hardly known for authenticity.

she's seemingly completely irrelevant, but this is her third cover so must sell well? I'm unsure what she actually does these days?

she's seemingly completely irrelevant, but this is her third cover so must sell well? I'm unsure what she actually does these days?

I can’t believe she’s only 31!!

Nice, don't mind this at all and reminds me of Vittoria Ceretti's editorial from the recent issue of Vogue Paris by Lachlan Bailey - very 80s Los Angeles.

I dont know who she is but it is a stunning cover despite the fact that she didnt give the best face.

I can’t believe she’s only 31!!

Eh, I thought she was in her late 30s! The full edit is up on her Instagram. There's also a cover for subscribers which looks as stunning as the newsstand one.

I dont know who she is but it is a stunning cover despite the fact that she didnt give the best face.
Her main claim to fame is as a commercial 'model' so it's ironic in a way that she indeed doesn't give great face. I'm also a little surprised she's only 31, but to be fair that may just be because she's been in the public consciousness in Australia for so many years already.

Sounds a bit like Vogue Williams (Ireland) or Melanie Sykes (UK), where they do some commercial modelling, such as appearing in an ad that makes them famous, then they do a bit of reality TV which gets them a presenting gig, and by that point, their fame becomes self-perpetuating.

COVER STORY

Photographer: Darren McDonald
Stylist: Naomi Smith
Hair: Christian Marc
Make-up: Peter Beard

Model: Lara Bingle Worthington

Credit: Fashion Editorials (fashioneditorials.com)

Her modeling in the editorial is very good... and the Subscribers cover is excellent ... she must sell very well for Bazaar Australia and in Aus in general although Vogue has yet to give her a cover

The shot with the blue sunnies look amazing. Overall a really great editorial. Love the atmosphere.

She reminds me SO SO SO MUCH of Alexandria from ANTM cycle 16 (in her music video)

This is a beautiful mood, and not one that's been done to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->