Harper’s Bazaar España September 2021 : Shalom Harlow by David Roemer

Don’t like the way she’s styled.

Loving the second cover for being a take on Peter Lindbergh's Sep 1991 US Vogue Editorial "Wild at Heart", although nothing comes close to the original.

The resemblance of those screenshots to I&V Sasha in NY or Milla Jovovich in NY (or really any other I&V editorial in a city) is uncanny to say the least.

second cover, even if it’s not the most original one we’ve seen is fantastic and so is the editorial.

it says ‘Iconos’ (Icons), on the cover so I wonder if there will be more ‘icons’ on other covers?

Stunning! Spanish Bazaar really has a taste for incredible models, I love this magazine. Really wish that Shalom appeared more in print, but what else can you expect from our tasteless global editors...

I like the second cover for nostalgia i think...but her face looks puffy or it's a bad makeup work or airbrushed. The editorial looks much better (hope is longer) even if it resembles a little of her Self Service editorial (in a lower level of course) but overall is good.

Spanish magazines always get good models in general, of course they have their classics like Arizona, Maryna, Carmen,Toni and Constance, i think it have to be a deal with agencies.

Now that Vogue is without a known EIC, HB should try to consolidate. But i think Elle still is the most readed there.

Last edited:
Love the second cover and editorial. Only a supermodel can take that cover towards high fashion territory. The first cover has some questionable styling especially the hat.

The first cover is bland, but the second's & the edit are amazing. :heart:

I like the second cover for nostalgia i think...but her face looks puffy or it's a bad makeup work or airbrushed. The editorial looks much better (hope is longer) even if it resembles a little of her Self Service editorial (in a lower level of course) but overall is good.

Spanish magazines always get good models in general, of course they have their classics like Arizona, Maryna, Carmen,Toni and Constance, i think it have to be a deal with agencies.

Now that Vogue is without a known EIC, HB should try to consolidate. But i think Elle still is the most readed there.

I actually know for a fact that big Spanish magazines have a deal with major modeling agencies representing these very girls you mentioned, so they are always on their covers...

I love both covers but the second one is way more powerful. The first one could have been better but the pose is too clownish, a more refined pose would have done wonders.

The cover story have 16 pages. there is one beauty story with one of the actresses from Élite (The Spanish Netflix Tv show) and one with Rosie de Palma.Those are the highlights..

Harper's Bazaar España September 2021

Shalom En Manhattan

Photography: David Roemer
Styling: Elizabeth Sulcer
Hair: Shin Arima
Makeup: Lisa Houghton
Model: Shalom Harlow

Bazaar Espana Digital Edition

Harper's Bazaar España September 2021

Mundo Mágico

Photography: Fede Delibes
Styling: Beatriz Machado