Harper’s Bazaar France March 2023 by Mario Sorrenti

They really thought they did something iconic on the first cover no? None of these are cover-worthy.

I saw Mario Sorrenti, I knew I would not like it :
- The first one is whatever,
- The second cover is a copy of D Repubblica with Robing Galiegue and the same model.
- The third one feels like an outtake of Alt's portfolio
- The last one is cheap but Elodie David consults for Rokh so ofc she had to make some product placement.

I don't need to see the content. So will see next issue. Big fail.

Underwhelming.

With all that budget, they chose that particular Didot variation? Even participants of the Cover Challenge use a more refined variation of Didot. Tragedy, really.

The covers are okay, but they surely leave much to be desired. I hope magazines understand that you can have multi-covers at any other time of the year, but you will only debut once. The debut cover should be striking, iconic, and memorable, a statement even. These scream "best shots of each editorial" converted as covers.

So much anticipation, all for nothing.

Seriously, with all the resources available in Paris and they decided to give four covers for one photographer and one stylist only. CHOICES. Was Alt, Carlyne, Barbieri, etc not available?

None of the covers is memorable or striking enough for March let alone a debut issue.

And just like that M magazine remained standard.

Expectations were very high and the results certainly didn't live up to the hype. But I won't write the magazine off just yet. Vogue Paris had a frequent habit of producing subpar covers with stellar contents inside, and if that's going to be the case for Harper's Bazaar then I'm more than happy to take it. We've learned with Vogue that a good cover means nothing if editorials aren't worth a second glance. I shall wait for the full issue to give my final thoughts.

All that aside, Loli's cover is the only one that works for me. And even that isn't a strong debut cover. So far, Italians are doing it better.

300 Pages, that's gonna be more Pages dan american Vogue, at least it has advertisement Ford their first Issue.

They couldn't find real superstars for the launch ?????????????
I mean it's beyond underwhelming lol it's boring as hell.
NO ENERGY, none of the covers do a single thing.
The photography is also lame.
They didn't have any super model or huge actress for this 1st one ?
I'm left without words lol.
NEXT !

Bazaar Italy at least had top models but this is pathetic.

So when next issue is going to be published? it's semestral like in Italy?

And i aggred with almost everyone it's dissapointing as a debut issue...hope the contents elevate this...

I'm sure Elle France Fashion issue will beat this...let's see

I can't help but feel very "I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed" when I see practically any publication these days. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for the 493035th time, shame on me.

same awful covers every Vogue edition is showing each month, so disappointing

I quite like the first two covers actually, especially Loli's, the red background is striking.

No wonder bazaar increasing its presence in the market in Europe with such weak monthly publications in France and Italy, move over Condé Nast, i just wish your Vogues with unnamed photographers and stylists with zero experience, your countless re-prints and syndications due to pin-saving policy finally get to shutting down your vogue.

It’s a lazy cover, but very bazaar, I love sorrenti however this is not the covers of premiere editions level. But let’s face it: vogue France, their main competitor, cannot handle even this, they stopped collaborating with Mario in 2018. Now they never use a-list photographers even for a cover-shoot.

No wonder bazaar increasing its presence in the market in Europe with such weak monthly publications in France and Italy, move over Condé Nast, i just wish your Vogues with unnamed photographers and stylists with zero experience, your countless re-prints and syndications due to pin-saving policy finally get to shutting down your vogue.

It’s a lazy cover, but very bazaar, I love sorrenti however this is not the covers of premiere editions level. But let’s face it: vogue France, their main competitor, cannot handle even this, they stopped collaborating with Mario in 2018. Now they never use a-list photographers even for a cover-shoot.
Italian Bazaar looks chic at least…
I want something warm actually from magazine in terms of photography and aesthetic. That’s maybe why M le Monde does it well…

I'm not impressed but I don't find it that bad. I'm really looking forward to the contents, as the models they booked include some I definitely like. Then, judging by the low stardards of the day, thinking of Vogue France especially or considering Numéro gets rather lazy every now and then, this, even if it fails to be truly exiciting doesn't look like a poor prospect.

I love the first and the third. I really hope that Oliver works with the old VP team like Virginie, Anastasia, Geraldine and Alt

I find it very modest, no terrible, above (by far) American Bazaar and several Vogues. A mix of Baron early VI covers and Alt. I'm rooting for this and Italia's, so don't disappoint me! Let's see the eds and expect the next issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->