Harper's Bazaar Arabia September 2017 : Kim Kardashian by Mariano Vivanco

Yeah totally makes sense, Kim oozes that modest feminine appeal that the Arabic world likes to see in their media. Said nobody ever.

I suppose you're correct, Vitamine, she does exude that tacky noveau riche Middle Eastern customer whose pics you always see at parties. But there's too much artifice here for my liking.

Am I the only one bothered by the Cher references?

I'd rather see this on a cover than yet another reprint of Carine's rubbish.

Yeah totally makes sense, Kim oozes that modest feminine appeal that the Arabic world likes to see in their media. Said nobody ever.

Neither do the models on Vogue Arabia covers so far though.

After Kim, Cher is the most famous celebrity of Armenian heritage, and they've both spoken out in the past for recognition of the Armenian genocide. I actually think it's a lovely tribute to Cher and Armenia. The covers are stunning, you can tell HB Arabia loves Kim as this is their second original cover of her (third if you include reprints).

I Like that they choose to go for arab designer (La Bourjoisie) and didn't get too influenced but the european trends (Prada in every covers and co...)

IMO it's a good cover but nothing breathtaking

The sitting shot is gorgeous. Yes— very Cher-esque... meets Avedon. If only it was in B&W.

Kim’s covers so far— for this and American Interview, are the strongest September covers. So nice to see an Armenian represent POC/MOC on the cover of fashion magazines. Even if it is Kim.

Thanks Vogue28

Her makeup will sell like hotcakes in the Middle East.

Both beautiful covers.

Arab women, especially those who live in oil rich Gulf countries, LOVE everything about the Kardashians, Jenners and Hadids. The hair and make up is everything the targeted consumers will like. I think this will sell really well and may even beat bella's cover.

I think the second editorial shot (shimmery dress/full length shot) is easily the best she's looked yet. Glad she's not that overused in magazines so that something this simple actually looks good.

I'm sure this cover is to sell her make-up line to women in that region.

honestly this is the best i've ever seen from Her. Sexy, feminine, very middle eastern (very Cher, the sheer dress c'mon , it screams Cher !). I think she is at her best when she just stays in this kind of aesthetic instead of wanting to be edgy /funny/ trendy or whatever

Man, I absolutely loathe Kim Kardashian (not the person, as obviously I've got no idea who she is personally - maybe she's lovely. I mean I loathe the persona and the cultural impact she's had).

That being said, I have to admit that these are beautiful shots. Love the Cher tribute.

These are gorgeous.... Classic Cher is always welcomed in my book.

Let's remember that this is a tiny magazine with a circulation of maybe 15-20,000 copies, and yet they've pulled off a wonderful Kim covershoot that's creative, interestingly referential and hands down one of her best covers. Meanwhile, the larger HB editions spit out the same bland cover stories and terrible CR portfolios (which haven't been exciting or well put together in at least 3 years) and they supposedly have the budgets to use the world's top creatives? what is wrong with this picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->