HB_Jen_onLoca_24.jpg

453525-dtstory-hawko.jpg

On location for the November cover:
HB_Jen_onLoca_06.jpg
HB_Jen_onLoca_02.jpg
HB_Jen_onLoca_15.jpg
HB_Jen_onLoca_16.jpg

Jennifer Hawkins (Former Miss Universe)
Wearing: Balmain jacket and COZI swimwear (by Jennifer Hawkins)

I love these. I think they have such a distinctly, summery Aussie vibe to them!
Very reminiscent of Elle McPherson in the 90s.
This is the first month Harper's are doing their exclusive sub covers, so we'll see which image is used for that.
You can see a tiny pic of the newsstand cover on one of the images here.
The mag comes out tomorrow - so i'll post a review when I can.

source: harpersbazaar.com.au & dailytelegraph.com.au

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the font they used on the cover! What a waste of what could've been a nice cover photo. :rolleyes:

The whole concept is frankly embarassing and I feel ashamed that this is on the cover of a fashion magazine like Harpers Bazaar.

Jennifer Hawkins on the beach in swim suit is so kitsch. She is not my idea of anything remotely high fashion.

Once again, Harpers Bazaar proves Australia is ten million light years behind the rest of the fashion world...:lol: :innocent:

TACKY! What were they thinking putting that ugly font on the cover? The cover is general is ugly.

I don't think the pictures are tacky at all?
I know it's not exactly original to shoot a model on a beach - but it's the quint-essential Aussie beach babe vibe - I don't see anything wrong with it. It's sort of Shape meets Vogue imo.
Aus Bazaar has never really been known as avant garde...it's always mixed the high with the low and
I think the same can be said for alot of magazines.
I actually quite like that alot of Aussie mags embrace our culture rather than try to imitate that of other countries.

The Balmain jacket is pure LOVE! The cover image is wonderful! But the font and font color used in the cover is distracting! Why the hell did they use orange? What a waste!

^To somewhat contrast the beach vibe with orange??? Anyways:sick::sick::sick:

I wouldn't buy unless it came with a freebie....hahaa

I will never like anything with Hawkins on it. She is so low class; that sounds a bit snobby I know but she isn't high fashion in any shape or form.

These look like stills from an Inez & Vinoodh beach work out DVD. All your favourite poses create a chic fitness regime.

urgghh that font returns in all its tacky glory! i hate that font so much. the whole concept for the editorial is really poorly executed. i mean in theory i get what they were going for, but it comes out looking all wrong.

Jennifer? Zzzzz...

The side-on shot with the Balmain jacket in the water is fab, but overall I'd be hard pushed to buy it.

Hey whilst I'm here does anyone know why the Jamie Huckbody is no longer editor of Aus HB? I've had sneezes that have lasted longer than his tenure! What happened there? I'm guessing he got the flick due to falling ratings, hence the promoting of a "new editor, new look" before the first issue with the new ed.

Spoke too soon.. just found this article.. this also explains how that Grazia lady became replacement Ed of HB.

RATHER than close the struggling Grazia magazine, ACP Magazines has done the next best thing and amalgamated the editorial staff of fashion magazines Harper’s Bazaar and Grazia. Five jobs were axed at Harper’s last week, including editor Jamie Huckbody, leaving a staff of just 11. At the same time, Grazia fashion editor Edwina McCann was promoted to edit Harper’s. But no word yet on who will replace McCann or how three roles can be shared between two competing titles.

ACP sales director Lynette Phillips told Diary yesterday two positions had been created across the two publications but it was not a cost-saving measure. Jane Davies will be managing editor of Grazia and Harper’s and Mark Vassallo would be creative fashion director of both.
http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com...ments/grazia_amalgamated_with_harpers_bazaar/

I had no idea Grazia was struggling! :blink: Oh well. Sorry for brief thread hijack! :doh:

Whilst I appreciate that having Jen Hawkins on the cover will not be to the liking of many here in the TFS community, I think she looks great on this cover!
It's a simple, bright and unpretentious theme that suits her very well, and I in fact especially like the colour scheme.

I will never like anything with Hawkins on it. She is so low class; that sounds a bit snobby I know but she isn't high fashion in any shape or form.
but what makes her "low class"?? I wouldn't dare make a judgement on anyone's character "because she isn't high fashion in any shape or form"

I actually dont mind the concept, its the cheap and tacky swimwear that bothers me along with its 'designer'! As for Grazia, I believe that the expectations for the magazine were quite high but when it came out low in comparison to its international counterparts. I know a few people that work there and its quite ridiculous how shared the staff is..
But anyway to the cover, was it styled by Centenera?

Wow, great cover! I love the small, elegant font and these lovely orange pants :heart:

I mean REALLY? This must be the worst Bazaar cover I've ever seen :sick: (after Angelina's June cover this year). Everything screams TACKY here!! Oh no, sorry, it screams Jennifer IT girl IT jacket HOT!
VERY classy.

Love to see the cover bigger, love to see the tackiness in its full glory :rolleyes:

The cover looks alright to me (love the red with orange, and the font used), the spread is not that awful either, but then i have no idea who this woman is....so it looks fine to me. At least Bazaar is starting to do more original covers. It does however feel like that I&V Gisele VP cover/ed, except on a budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luxnova
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"