Harper's Bazaar Italia November 2023 : Sun Mizrahi & América González by Daniel Jackson

The above two covers don't excite me at all. Bland direction.

Honestly it seems like another bland issue...they can do a lot of good things but honestly too much articles,and the editorial part is not that solid...i stopped buying a couple issues ago bc even if the coverstory is nice, that's all you can get...

This magazine's covers feel SO BLAND / SO BORING / SO EMPTY!!!
A magazine cover is an art.
To create a cover it's not just to stick the masthead logo and put a word and a call it day.
It takes WAY MORE CREATIVITY !!!

Anyone here at the cover challenge does a much better job than most of the people working on magazine covers nowadays at most magazines, let's be honest.

Maybe not the covers of the year, but I can't get enough of América... And the pose is kind of inspiring.

NEW NOW
Photography:
Daniel Jackson
Styling: Paul Sinclaire
Hair: Ward Stegerhoek
Make-up: Frank B
Models: América González & Sun Mizrahi

Harper's Bazaar Italia Digital Edition

BEYOND THE HORIZON
Photography:
Ben Toms
Styling: Katie Shillingford
Hair: Shiori Takahashi
Make-up: Anne Sophie Costa
Model: Tanya Churbanova

IN THE MOOD FOR WOOL
Photography:
Joan Braun
Styling: Laëtitia Leporcq
Hair: Jacob Kajrup
Make-up: Eny Whitehead
Model: Puck Schrover

Dan’s coverstory is simply supreme. Just gorgeous and mesmerizing: The compositions, the lighting, the textures of the styling, the attitude of the women, their presence. It’s all very Carine’s Vogue by Craig McDean. And that everything's pulled together with such sublime art direction just finishes with such pure fashion goodness. Unfortunate that the story couldn’t continue for another several more spreads, because the other two fashion stories are dreadful and utterly forgettable. Ben Toms has no place in Bazaar Italia.

Two terrific covers from Daniel Jackson! Simplicity done right, love the black and white here. I genuinely do not have one single complaint about either of the covers. They feel quintessential Harper's Bazaar, which I love! Harper's Bazaar Italia wiping the floor with Vogue Italia this month.

. Ben Toms has no place in Bazaar Italia.
Tyler Mitchell's version of "balloons in a field" in the new i-D is much more successful than Ben's attempt... Ben's does feel very Harpers, UK Harpers that is.

Love what I see especially the second cover. Tantalizing! The contents are amazing as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->