Harvey Weinstein accused of sexual assault

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by t-rex, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Source: CNN.com

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's time to change this thread title to 'Sexual Misconduct in Hollywood' as I'm certain more sleazebags will be exposed.

3. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Sleazebag..?

Until there are solid allegations of Morgan drugging and molesting women, or arranging meetings in a suite wearing just a bathrobe ready to intimidate his victims, I’m not convinced he’s a “sleazebag”.

He’s from a generation where a slap on the butt is a playful and friendly gesture, and where comments that are considered “sexual harassment” would have been just boys being boys. His actions may be inappropriate in these prudish and overly-PC times, and rightfully so in some cases because these are different times. But the lynch mob sure are ready with their pitchforks and torches, ready for a witch burning these days.

4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Phuel, you perplex me, you really do.
    Firstly, the behaviour you're describing is never ok. It wasn't ok 40 or 50 years ago, and it's not ok now. Whichever way you look at it. I'm well aware of how society fuctioned in his era, and how women regarded the actions of men at the time and I can boldly declare that an overwhelming percentage of women wasn't there for it. 'Boys being boys'.....pfft. Guys like Freeman don't get passes just because they're from a different generation. That's bollocks!

5. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

^^^ I don’t know either these women nor Morgan.

I don’t know the context of these allegations that he has been accused of, so I'll hold off immediately labeling Morgan as a sleazebag. For all I know, these women and Morgan could have been playfully and harmlessly being flirtatious— talking about workouts and underwear. He may have stepped over the line somewhere in that moment— and the women may have felt uncomfortable but just brushed it off. Until now. Maybe what they didn’t deem as inappropriate then, they’ve been influenced by the current political climate as totally inappropriate now.

Just like you’ve assumed the worst of Morgan, I’m going to assume the worst of the women's allegations. Until I know more.

6. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

Report: Weinstein Will Turn Himself in on Sex-Crime Charges

source | thedailybeast

7. MissMagAddict

Harvey Weinstein to Be Arrested in New York on Sex Assault Charges

source | nytimes

8. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

Can't believe I'm reading this in 2018 ... no no no.

This is not brand new news about him ... I've read/heard about this before, and I couldn't be more removed from Hollywood than I am, and still live in the same country.

This is harassment pure and simple, what's being described. Underwear is not a topic of workplace conversation.

9. MissMagAddict

Perp Walk

source | cnn

Attached Files:

10. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

After watching this, confused is exactly the word i would use to describe this whole affair...

#110 Lola701, May 26, 2018
    Last edited by moderator salis5: May 26, 2018
  11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Source: BBC.com

12. t-rex

t-rex everything sucks!

Wasn't he one of the few people who made a statement not supporting Roman Polanski?

13. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

The Morgan Freeman harassment stories aren't nearly as horrifying as the decades old reports of how he hooked up with his granddaughter who he was legal guardian of.

14. Koibito

Koibito Active Member

Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser

"The Italian actress and director Asia Argento was among the first women in the movie business to publicly accuse the producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault. She became a leading figure in the #MeToo movement. Her boyfriend, the culinary television star Anthony Bourdain, eagerly joined the fight.

But in the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein last October, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18."

Read more: Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser

15. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Jennifer Aniston via Variety:

Did you ever work with Harvey Weinstein?
    I did one movie, “Derailed,” with Clive Owen.

Did you spend time with Harvey?
    I had to. There was the premiere dinner. I remember I was sitting at the dinner table with Clive, and our producers and a friend of mine was sitting with me. And he literally came to the table and said to my friend: “Get up!” And I was like, “Oh my gosh.” And so my friend got up and moved and Harvey sat down. It was just such a level of gross entitlement and piggish behavior.

Did he ever try to bully you?
    He knew better. I remember, right when [his ex-wife] Georgina’s clothing line Marchesa was starting. That’s when he came to visit me in London while we were shooting. He’d be like, “Ok, so I’d like you to wear one of these to the premiere.” And I went through the book, and at the time, it wasn’t what it is today. It was not for me. He was like, “You have to wear the dress.” That was my only bullying. And I was like, “No, I will not wear the dress.”

And he accepted that?
    Well, what was he going to do? Come over here and make me wear it?!

Variety - Jennifer Aniston on How Me Too (and Matt Lauer) Influenced ‘The Morning Show’

16. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Really quite shocked at the way this woman is being questioned and stitched up!?! I know the law must follow course but it just seems so crude. Speaking out isn't the brave part it seems, proceeding to trial is.

Brutal exchanges in rape trial of Yunxiang Gao and Jing Wang
    [​IMG]
    Yunxiang Gao arrives at the Downing Centre District Court in Sydney on Tuesday. Picture: AAP
    The woman who accused a famous Chinese movie star and a TV producer of raping and “torturing” her had only invented the story after her furious husband texted her demanding to know why she wasn’t home at 4.00am, a Sydney jury has been told.

Chinese actor Yunxiang Gao and producer Jing Wang are in the second week of their trial in the NSW District Court over charges they took turns raping the woman after she joined them in Wang’s room at the Shangri-La Hotel in the Rocks about 2.30am on March 27, 2018.

In a series of brutal exchanges between Wang’s barrister Margaret Cunneen SC and the woman on Tuesday, Ms Cunneen told the woman she had lied to cover up cheating on her husband after he angrily confronted her when she got home, telling her: “Tell me what happened, don’t lie”.

The threesome had been at a wrap party earlier in the night – along with 30 Chinese film crew – after a week-long film shoot in Sydney for Gao’s TV series, Love in Aranya.

Ms Cunneen said far from being held captive by the two men, as the woman claimed, it was she who had decided to go to Wang’s hotel room after the party, cancelling her cab home when Gao had joined them at around 2.33am.

She said the woman had later told police her first chance to escape the hotel room had been around 4.00am after Gao had left and Wang was asleep and no longer a “danger” to her.

But the barrister said it was a series of missed texts from her husband from around 3.56am that had suddenly made the woman “panic”, including his message at 4.04am saying: “Didn’t answer my calls, that’s not cool.”.

Ms Cunneen said that was when the woman had woken Wang to blame him for letting her stay so late.

She said Wang had offered to take her home, but the woman had replied: “You don’t understand, it’s too late. Its all your fault, I will be in trouble if my husband gets angry.”

He said to you, “It’s OK, just calm down”, Ms Cunneen told the court.

“I didn’t say that, he’s making it up,’ the woman replied.

Ms Cunneen said within minutes of seeing her husband’s texts the woman had ordered a cab, scrambling to dress herself and fix her hair and make up.

She said Wang had told the woman to text him when she got home, but the woman had told him she would contact him first and would see him for dinner the following night.

“I didn’t have a conversation like that with him,’ the woman said.

“He put his arms out open and said ‘a hug’ … and you hugged him and said ‘when will I see you next?’” Ms Cunneen pressed.

“No, he was sleeping,” the woman said.

Hotel security vision shows the woman leaving the 16th floor room at around 4.10am, looking at herself in the lift mirror as she headed towards the waiting cab downstairs.

Ms Cunneen asked the woman on why she had been so concerned about her appearance given she had just escaped what she would later tell police had been an hour and a half of “torture”.

“The most important thing in your mind was … you were going to be in strife when you got home. That was on your mind wasn’t it? Ms Cunneen asked.

“I can’t remember what exactly … I was in a confused and terrified state,’ the woman replied. “ … I didn’t want others to know I had been tortured so I tidied up myself.”

“You weren’t tortured were you? Ms Cunneen said.

“I was tortured I was raped while I was having my period,’ the woman replied.

“You weren’t raped were you?”

“That is incorrect I was raped.”

The woman denied her husband had been “very angry” when she got home around 4.30am.

“Not angry, he was worried about me … I’m never home that late,” she said.

The court heard her husband had started calling Wang from his wife’s phone around 4.45am after she told him Wang and another man, not Gao, had made her stay at the hotel against her will.

“If you were scared and terrified it was of your husband and no-one else, wasn’t it?” Ms Cunneen said.

“You headed towards the bathroom, not making eye contact with him, didn’t you? To get away from his queries.”

“No, I just wanted to clean myself because I thought I was dirty,” the woman replied.

The trial continues.

The Australian