Has All Black Run Its Fashion Course?

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by ignitioned32, Oct 6, 2003.

1. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Intresting though I wanna share. :flower:

2. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

The Paris collections might answer that question indefinitely.

Of course,I doubt the many who include black as an alternative,almost exclusively(being that so many do wear it head-to-toe;even designers themselves)will abandon the shade.

Also,I think for some black is almost like an unconcious choice for people when shopping for clothes. At least for me it is. I can't seem to help it. I feel good in black;I feel like myself. Nor do I feel as if I'm giving too much away as far as my personality is concerned. Maybe that's what designers feel? Maybe that's why so many include it as they put a bit of themselves into their work?

3. estevairevana

estevairevana New Member

Never. There are shades even within the color black, I've heard.

4. lele

lele New Member

i feel best in black. i think a lot of people do. i look best in black as well... i think no matter what, put a woman in a classic black dress, black suit, she looks good. it will never go...i know that.

5. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I dount think all black will ever go away enterly , its to iconice its to stroung, but I coudl see it fading away liek it did in the 70's and tehn reemerging like in the 80's when eveyr body is sick floty pastels

6. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

Never for me. ^_^

Thanks for the article, Ignitioned. :flower:

7. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Color is definetly in the air, but black will still never go out of style, maybe on the runways, but not the street because that what sells the most and that's what people feel good in (not really for a me, I'm stick thin :blink: ). Also it seems out only for now because black was really a strong aesthetic in the 90's and we live in sinister times. ;)

But don't get me wrong, I still :heart: black! ;)

Your welcome, Astrid and everyone else! :flower:

8. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

Well, I'm rather lean myself and I wear all black because it feels right. ;) B)

9. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Well, I'm rather lean myself and I wear all black because it feels right. ;) B) [/b][/quote]
    I understand what your trying to say, and yes I also feel comfortable in black. A majority of my wardrobe is in black, but color too is fun and adds volume! ;) :flower:

To each their own! :flower:

10. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

I certainly agree with Suzy on this, the only problem is that it took her too long to write this article. black is suddenly too tired and gloomy.
    All black is also 'old' as in "done-to-death" and makes a boring statement.

The probem with black is that it is too easy a statement, one just throws all black together and the look is so very easily 'done'. Well, its not enough anymore, it's a common and mass marketed look that does not show lots of imagination.
    Of course all black can still be interesting if one plays with mattè and shine, with black transparency or black coated fabrics that reflect the light. Thats the modern way to wear black, still for me it can be boring.

I can understand why lots of stylish people are still 'stuck' with all black looks, they loved it when it first came out so there is an emotional attachement there.
    But times are changing, what was 'hot' and 'right' some years ago can become tiring even to those that wear it passionetly. (that was my case here, suddenly i got bored of my reflection on the mirror)

A huge follower of all black looks in the past, now I can hardly wear it. It feels too serious, oldfashioned and strict all of a sudden. I still wear my long black coat, black roll necks, my 'signature' black opaque tights, but i mix my blacks with strong or pale colours, with pastel marni-esque prints to give them a fresh mood.

11. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I agree, Lena! :flower: That's why I, too, add color or cool prints to black pieces. B)

12. contessacolette

contessacolette New Member

13. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

I find that offensive b/c you, along with everyone else I'm sure, knows that I'm an all-black kind of girl. To say that it lacks imagination is a mishap on your part not the person who chooses to wear it. Of course that is your opinion and that's fine, but it's just a little insulting, ya know? But then again I never dressed to please anyone but myself to there's no point in thinking about it. I just think it's silly to say that all black is "old" or "done-to-death". It's a style, my style and part of my everyday life. It's like saying wearing lots of color is "old" or "dated". I think lots of color and patterns to be distracting and a little déclassé. <shrugs> I guess it all depends on what you choose to follow. I don't follow trends, I stick to what I like.

14. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:shock: I was certainly not thinking of your wardrobe when I stated my opinion Astrid, still i'm sorry if i offended you in anyway and i appologize for this.

you know that i really appreciate your style and i've seen you choosing non all black looks on FS threads, so i never thought of you as a strictly black clad woman :heart: :flower:

15. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

It's okay. :ninja: I took it too seriously and too personal. I just get irritated when people talk about my style, that's all. I know it's boring to most but I really like it. To each their own. :flower:

16. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

Truth is we have lots of tastes in common Astrid, your preferances may may not be always exactly the same as mine, but still, it you undeniably have an exceptionally cool -and imaginative- style :flower:

(in my book) your style is more than just black, dont forget :heart:

and of course, to each their own ;)

17. nay-k

nay-k New Member

I love colors and colorful prints but I also wear black.
    I think in winter you shouldn't wear dark colors only but also bright colors.....

18. lele

lele New Member

i will never let trends or silly articles dictate what i wear... if "they" say all black is old, dated.... i dont give a sh*t. I wear what feels good looks best and works on me.... I like the simplistic, sophisticated and clean look of all black and i wear what i wear because of how it makes me feel not because of a fashion critic's idea....

and personally, i think clean simple looks are more interesting and appealing.

19. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I totally agree.

i agree with you especially on the point that all balck makes to much of an easy statment

i think all black can be intresting and i wear it veyr much myself, I feel like to many peopel catagorise styles as "Balck" or Coloure full" when i do not think style can be put in terms of colour

20. pinkcouture

pinkcouture New Member

I doubt that black will ever be totally out of fashion.