Has All Black Run Its Fashion Course?

Originally posted by pinkcouture@Oct 7th, 2003 - 8:50 pm
I doubt that black will ever be totally out of fashion.
I hope you're right. It's the backbone of my wardrobe. :heart:

i think that the person writing the article is ridiculous. :wacko:

any piece of clothing can be boring, if the cut is predictable, dull, too busy, or even unflattering.

black is not without intesity, passion, or imagination. and color doesn't always make clothing more appealing or interesting.

i think that it is the clothing itself that needs to be looked at... not the color or pattern... or lack there of.

it is about a whole look. proportion. color, fit, and cut.

and if you see the woman more than the clothes... that is all that matters.

i think that this woman should be addressing a more broad term such as style. :innocent:

well, on one hand i agree with Astrid and Lele that it's all about staying true to your own style, and i'm also one of those people who loves black for many reasons, mainly because it can kind of substitue all the other colors & it makes me feel pulled together. on the the other hand, sometimes i crave bright, even flashy colors :blush:

i read once in Russian Vogue that Yoshi Yamamato said this about black: "Black is a color that emphasizes not only the silhouette, but also one's persona. At the same time, you have to be strong enough to stop wearing it once it becomes owerpowering".

at the same time, Tom Ford supposedly said that "black is very french & very chic".

Originally posted by Serena@Oct 7th, 2003 - 10:54 pm

i read once in Russian Vogue that Yoshi Yamamato said this about black: "Black is a color that emphasizes not only the silhouette, but also one's persona. At the same time, you have to be strong enough to stop wearing it once it becomes owerpowering".
this is exactly what i believe to be true, selena! great quote. thanks!

Originally posted by pearsandapples+Oct 8th, 2003 - 6:00 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pearsandapples @ Oct 8th, 2003 - 6:00 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Serena@Oct 7th, 2003 - 10:54 pm

this is exactly what i believe to be true, selena! great quote. thanks! [/b][/quote]
i completly agree, Yohji did some great color for his Y line (fw03-04)

Originally posted by Serena@Oct 7th, 2003 - 9:54 pm
at the same time, Tom Ford supposedly said that "black is very french & very chic".
And this is what I believe! To each her own, as it looks best on her. :heart: :flower:

curious about this old thread, a year and a half later. i see a lot of black on the runway for fall/winter. and i love black, but i use it more for particular moods than as a head to toe, day in day out look.....

goodbye, old thread!

^ Ha! I always laugh at this sort of thing. Does black really ever go out? I mean, REALLY??

am i right to think that, like you said so long ago softgrey, black now is more about textures and fabrics than head to toe shadow? nothing is quite as cozy as black, and i think that is emphasised by altering the way the light hits it, and thus the way it "greets" the eye.

i really love to wear neutrals like black and cream/ivory (as opposed to bleach white) and then selectively pick my colors - a big green patent "leather" bag, amber earrings, red lipstick. and nothing is quite as sexy as black stockings.

meme

oh my goodness i hope it hasn't run its course...what will i do with 95% of my wardrobe?!?!

:lol:

meme527 said:
am i right to think that, like you said so long ago softgrey, black now is more about textures and fabrics than head to toe shadow? nothing is quite as cozy as black, and i think that is emphasised by altering the way the light hits it, and thus the way it "greets" the eye.

i really love to wear neutrals like black and cream/ivory (as opposed to bleach white) and then selectively pick my colors - a big green patent "leather" bag, amber earrings, red lipstick. and nothing is quite as sexy as black stockings.

meme

as you pointed out...
what i said so long ago is indeed very big for this coming fall...
the public seems to be understanding black more ..
how to layer and mix textures especially...
and embracing it for all the reasons you said...
it's comfortable, easy, cozy, elegant, 'slimming', sexy, etc...

that said...
i find myself moving towards colour... :blink:
:wacko:...go figure...

:lol: ..................

I will always love all black, but I'm currently getting away from it a bit. My mood is already black enough. Wearing all black just makes it worse, I think. :lol:

I'm moving towards more black... I've been wearing more and lighter colours for a few years, but I'm starting to feel like I miss black; not that I totally deserted it or anything...

Softgrey is so right on the money, this fall's collections had the most black we've seen in seasons and I'm so happy about that. Color just got boring, print did too....black is making it's comeback and not a moment too soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"