Has Anyone Tried Brilliant Brunette Hair Products?

Discussion in 'Hair Care' started by Nixon058, Apr 11, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

Has anyone tried the new john frieda line or hair care product?! I just wanna see what the results are ;) Please share your experiences and results!

2. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

hmm i havent tried it but its supposed to be great. ;)
    actually my older bro developed the idea B) and all the names come from him (caffe to espresso, etc etc)
    he said they should be good!
    gotta try them :woot:

3. Honey

Honey New Member

I use them!
    Actually people were asking me if I had done something to my hair, after a week of use. I use the line made to give shine, and it definatly does!

4. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

they give great shine & boost colour :heart:

5. Chance

Chance New Member

Hey, thanks for bringing on this thread! I am a brunette, too. I'm gonna buy it now! :flower:

6. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

Thanks for all the imput! Ud brunettes gotta' stick together! :lol:

7. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

actually my older bro developed the idea B) and all the names come from him (caffe to espresso, etc etc)
    gotta try them :woot: [/b][/quote]
    Do you know what each color is like expresso- dark hair or light hair.. what should i use if i have light to dark brown hair?

8. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

gotta try them :woot: [/b][/quote]

:eek: thats cool leyla..we must all thank your bro ..... we brunettes need speacial products too :eek:rder:

i think i will give the line a try . i have read a bit on the subject but what all is
    there to try? shampoos, cremes...etc?

9. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

Do you know what each color is like expresso- dark hair or light hair.. what should i use if i have light to dark brown hair? [/b][/quote]
    There is one set for lighter brown hair--I believe it's called "Amber to Maple"--and one set for darker brown hair--called "Chestnut to Espresso."

My mom uses this line and likes it very much. I think I'm going to buy some soon.

10. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

I finally bought it! IT smell sooo Yummy! :flower:

11. Glamourina

Glamourina New Member

I really wanna try this stuff! I used Sheer Blonde when I was a (bottle) blonde, and it always worked great at keeping my hair soft and silky. I don't know which shade to buy though, my base color is my natural dark brown, but I have caramel and golden blonde highlights, and when I'm out in the sun, which happens a lot here in Florida, my hair bleaches out to a caramel/honey color a la Gisele. Hmm...

12. urbanamy

urbanamy New Member

I wanted to try...but I never found his products outstanding or anything. I did try Sheer Blonde before and they were okay. Not something to stand out, at least to me. Now I'm brunette, I was surprised that John Frieda came out with Brilliant Brunette line, which means the trend is to be a brunette. How odd! :p

13. shoeaddict

shoeaddict New Member

I decided to try it!

Got the Darker shampoo, but the store was out of the conditioner...
    and I got the finishing cream

I washed with the shampoo, but used my old conditioner...
    then used the cream when it was dry-

My hair feels great!
    It didn't frizz at all, even though it was almost 100 degrees here today!
    It looks shiny, and has great volume...

I like it!

14. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

I bought it, too. I'm using the range for lighter brown hair. I haven't noticed any color enhancement yet, but I've only used it three times so far. My hair feels nice and conditioned and is shiny, but to be fair my hair is a bit on the oily side so it has natural shine and softness (and, sadly, limpness and the need to wash it every day). I'll report back later when I've been using for a couple of weeks. The smell is divine, though--a light chocolately caramel scent!

15. southerncutie

southerncutie New Member

I adore them.. the conditioner on the dark one is a little icky, but they make my hair look wonderful. I'm addicted to the shine shampoo. The straightening balm, I'm not liking as much. It does its job, but it's sticky after it's dryed and flat-ironed.

16. ItsTheKids

ItsTheKids New Member

i use it. i don't know if it's supposed to do this, but it makes my hair less puffy and frizzy and people have asked if i've done anything with my hair because it looks really shiny and it looks like a got it tinted or something. i'm using the espresso one but i want to try the different kinds once mine has run out, just to see which is most effective. and the conditioner smells sooooo good

17. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

ok this is gonna come as a surprise from me.. but since i m being honest here you go:

i tried the shampoo, loved the smell and texture... :heart:

but here is my dilemma:

my hair is extremely fine and ultra straight.. and after using the shampoo my hair became worse..;it weighed my hair down big time :shock:

im passing it on to my mum whos got frizzy hair. hopefully itll do wonders on her :innocent:

18. MoMoCiTa

MoMoCiTa New Member

i use it tooo most of my have is brown but i have a few blondish light brown highlights and it kinda made them look dull and not as shimmery as they were before.....

19. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

I :heart: it :shock:

It made my hair so soft and shiny...and my ends were soo :yuk: ...not anymore babe :lol:

20. Kora

Kora New Member

Yes, infact I'm using ot right now. It' s a very good product it makes my hair very shiny , soft and managable, but doesn't really change the shade or color as much. But, I would definately try it.