Haute Couture F/W 2020.21 & Men’s S/S 2021 Fashion Week Cancelled *Update May 2020* Going Digital

Good, maybe now designers will try to do literally anything since their sales will suffer. Also, being a horrible person, I do feel some enjoyment from this in terms of consumption reduction as fashion is one of the biggest polluters out there and new brands and magazine were just coming and coming and coming.

Good, maybe now designers will try to do literally anything since their sales will suffer. Also, being a horrible person, I do feel some enjoyment from this in terms of consumption reduction as fashion is one of the biggest polluters out there and new brands and magazine were just coming and coming and coming.
you are not. you are actually making a good point there. i don't think this is the best way to have a lesson in responsible consumption, but the effect will be delivered, very soon.

Maybe Miss Rona is also tired of seeing MGC delivered the same old BS —> I’m sorry if this comment is inappropriate. Moderators, you can delete it.

BOF reported this as “breaking” news.

Remember when BOF was a leader in fashion journalism?

Yeah, me neither. Ha!

Well, considering it's called Business of Fashion, it's quite appropriate, no? Fashion week, to my knowledge, has never been cancelled; so this is pretty big news. The economic impact of fashion week being cancelled extends itself far beyond just fashion as well...it has an impact on local economies, too.

You’re not horrible — just someone who sees through how horribly shallow, greedy and phoney the industry still is, I'd say ben mores than ever. This brand of shameless push-marketing that’s a plague of the lowest and cheapest of common denominator LinkedIn-types, and have unfortunately dominated as creative directors of brands, upscale-retailers and publications need to be terminated along with identity politics fashion photographers/designers. It’s so ruthless that they continue to sell in such a crass manners in the midst of a pandemic. And I thought their shameless, ruthless, vile marketing was always in bad taste on normal days…

For fashion presentations, now is a good time for these labels to invest in creatives that strive on pure imagination and talent, to produce intimate, visually-inspiring performances to showcase a collection. You don’t need a huge team, a huge production or huge cast of names (and headcount); just talent, skills, and a distinct direction and ambitious vision of beauty with a small cast of a few. Now more than ever, is a perfect time for the industry to return to unadulterated, purely concentrated creativity and abandon the tiresome, bloated corporate, global branding/marketing/formulas that’s had every fashion show and collection looking all the same. And now is the time to inspire people to dream and escape from the real world— you know, what HF was all about when it was great.

Time to get back to making an effort in exploring new creativity, instead of relying on female gaze/diversity and inclusivity/representation gimmicks— all of which have sadly become nothing more than excuses for laziness and entitlement in the absence of talent.

An update on Haute Couture, which is now set to go digital:

An update on the Valentino Haute Couture showcase:

I’m a bit annoyed and confused by all those twisted ways of just saying that the collection will be shown in video. I mean, brands have done that for years! In the 60’s/70’s designers presented their collection to the press without any audience. It was just the designer explaining the collection and models showing it around...

If it’s Couture presentation in livestream, it can be interesting but all that fuzz for just that is kinda annoying.

Yes I agree Lola. So much hype for a spectacle at a time when the industry really needs to refocus the shows on buyers and press.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->