Haute Couture S/S 2020 Open Discussion Thread

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
The Haute Couture S/S 2020 season starts Monday! Who's ready? What are you looking forward to most?

Jean Paul Gaultier's will be his last:

A hint as to what to except from Chanel:

Anyone knows what happened to Celine Couture? They have it on the website even, but there’s only a video of the building in Paris and that is it.

Rucci and Galliano for me (and well, Gaultier last show too...but I suppose it will be a retrospective, and nothing new).

I will sound like a broken record but for me Couture doesn’t have the same appeal without Karl...
I look forward to Rucci, Alexandre Vauthier, Gaultier and maybe John. I’m looking forward for Emotion, not just sequins everywhere and house communicating about the number of hours required to make an A-line dress.

I wish Riccardo was there...
And I’m already prepared to be bored Tuesday at Chanel.

Anyone knows what happened to Celine Couture? They have it on the website even, but there’s only a video of the building in Paris and that is it.

I think his Couture will be similar to what he did at YSL. And with all the investments done this year, i don’t think a show is required.

^^Some emotion would be nice, but I don’t think we’ll be getting that.

The industry is just not conducive to genuine emotional expression anymore. Emotion requires vulnerability, and the industry is just far too commercial and pop and mass and “democratic” for there to be room for real sensitivity. The lights are shining too brightly and the iPhones are all out recording every second.

Even shows now that have the veneer of an emotional experience aren’t really moving in a real way, because even that, too, ends up feeling manufactured...like influencers crying on camera and posting it to Instagram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slimshelly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->