Haute Couture Shoes

i absolutely love all of the chanel boots they're amazing
i'd love to have a pair myself... *sigh*

Yeah I have to agree, Galliano is one of the few designers keeping haute couture alive.
dior-shoes.jpg

ShoeGoddess

Last edited by a moderator:
^ugh now that is neat! I LOVE shoes that have a crazy heel!
i think it totally draws more attention to your feet and it's so cool to look at.

theres are a bit much i'm not a fan of gold but i love the concept!

yeah what are your thoughts on these?
Patent-calfskin-Maryjane%2C-Chanel%2C-%24875%2C-call-800-550-0005.jpg

ysl-Hero-stiletto-with-stars.jpg

ShoeGoddess

^ugh now that is neat! I LOVE shoes that have a crazy heel!
i think it totally draws more attention to your feet and it's so cool to look at.

theres are a bit much i'm not a fan of gold but i love the concept!

Seems like you know your shoes:smile: *** Edited ***

Those shoes aren't Haute Couture shoes, though. The first one is Chanel RTW (I don't know what season...is it SS 08?) and the second one is YSL RTW SS 08.

Those shoes aren't Haute Couture shoes, though. The first one is Chanel RTW (I don't know what season...is it SS 08?) and the second one is YSL RTW SS 08.

Ah! I thought i'd seen those Chanel shoes from a runway show but I didnt know what season either so I just didnt mention it! good observation!

Yeah I have to agree, Galliano is one of the few designers keeping haute couture alive.

i think these are not couture either... i think they are the commercial version of the ones on the cruise show, which instead of only two had 4 marbles and no platform (you can see a bit of it in these two from style.com)

00090m.jpg

00100m.jpg

More stunning shoes from Lacroix! These are so precious!
Christian Lacroix Haute Couture FW 05
00170m.jpg
00380m.jpg

00400m.jpg
00520m.jpg

00550m.jpg
00590m.jpg

00730m.jpg

00760m.jpg
00730m.jpg

00640m.jpg

(style)

Something that can annoy me about Lacroix's shoes is that, even though the shape and details are gorgeous the heel height can often make them look very....I dunno, silver haired park ave socialite with her vintage Chanel, Van Cleef brooch and tasteful pearls on her neck.

I know that's kind of who he's targeting, but at least for the sake of presentation couldn't he take it out of dowager territory?

His black satin and jet boots/pumps from f/w 07 are a different story, they're fabulously eccentric.

^^I get what you mean about the heel hight...I'm usually not a fan of shorter heels...but I think those shoes look positively precious when shown with the quirky/ elegant/ delicate/ humorous clothes and hair/ make up, it balances them out, edges this up a little. I just love the large brooch and dainty bow on the toe, so feminine and antique, but the silver of the shoe makes it modern! I love them so much!

I think this is a fabulous heel hight, though, here (Christian Lacroix Haute Couture SS 07)-
00020m.jpg
00210m.jpg

00150m.jpg
00200m.jpg

(style)

As much as I love Galliano, his shoes are maybe a bit much for me (I still like to see them down the runway, and dream about wearing them :lol:) but I find Lacroix's so much more wearable and versitile. The SS07 ones are soo beautiful.

hope we'll also see some really amazing shoes next week, i can't wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->