Have you ever dreamt you were at a fashion show?

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by YohjiAddict, Mar 20, 2020.

1. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

We often talk about all those fashion shows that've transported us into a dream but have you ever dreamt you attended a show. It could be a real one or one that only ever existed in your head. Please share your experiences, I'll start:

Dries Van Noten
    Just yesterday after going through a ton of old shows on vogue.com, I fell asleep only to be transported to a Dries show that celebrated the global interconnected world we live in, the palette was of icy greys and blues and the models wore tiaras adorned with tiny satellite dishes made out of blue transparent acrylic. The lineup mainly consisted of knee lenght skirts and ladylike cardigans rendered in techno fabrics. Shown in a sparse white runway.

Prada
    A few years ago I was transported to a Prada show that was somewhat inspired by exotic creatures. Dresses made out of black net and hems decorated with emerald green feathers had a certain Cabaret vibe. There was also a ton of golden and croc skin. Models wore heavy dark eyeshadow and fishnet stockings. The venue was very somber and I remember the floor was wooden.

HeatherAnne, gazebo, June and 3 others like this.
  2. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

In a similar vein, I have had several dreams over the years where I went into a store and saw vintage issues of Vogue Italia for sale that... never existed in the first place.

gazebo, Scotty, aracic and 3 others like this.
  3. avonlea002

avonlea002 Active Member

Chanel
    It was a metiers d'art collection inspired by safari. Lots of layering. Long jackets and coats with huge collars (both rendered in animal prints and leather), unbuttoned shirts exposing models breasts covered in white paint as if they were from a tribe.They also wore safari hats made of lace and wire that had long embroidered veils attached to them. Girls carried maps and messenger bags. The color palette included warm colors such as red, orange, yellow and earthy tones. Make up was mainly dark eye shadow and nude lipstick. The show was staged in a huge tent. Guests sat on old luggage covered with wild animals skins and furs. The soundtrack included traditional African(?) music, battle cry, lions and gunshots.​
    Sorry if it sounds chaotic.

gazebo, June, Benn98 and 2 others like this.
  4. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

^Chaotic, yes. But perfect! I would really love to see that show because it sounds absolutely brillitant - everything I'm missing from current fashion.

I barely ever remember my dreams after I wake up, but I did dream of several of my own concepts for fashion shows that I'm hoping to do in the future lol

Benn98 and avonlea002 like this.
  5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Somewhat similar, had a dream which involved this creepy indoor pool and I'm pretty certain it could be from staring at the original edit for too long:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a few days ago, the first issue I paged through on the VI archive, I came across this....... *insert X-Files theme*

[​IMG]

Numero Digital Edition

June and aracic like this.
  6. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Not a fashion show, but adjacent:

About 4 years ago I underwent a fairly major surgery. As I was coming out of my anesthesia-induced sleep, I asked a nurse or medical assistant if I could go to Barnes & Noble and when she asked why, I said because I needed to buy the issue of Vogue Paris with me and Kristen Stewart on the cover. As I was saying it I was remembering where I was and why, and losing faith in my Vogue cover's existence, so unfortunately the fantasy didn't last long. It kills me that I can't actually remember what I assume was a truly delightful dream, yet I still feel embarrassment from the distinct memory of hearing my own slurred voice asking to see my Vogue cover from a hospital bed.

7. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

I always dream I am walking a Versace fashion show. I do not know what that says about me, but okay. :lol:

8. kenndale

kenndale Active Member

So funny! I’ve had dreams that I was walking a show too. I in NO way look like a model and was worried that eventually someone would notice and kick me out of the line up. :lol::lol:

aracic and Salvatore like this.
  9. perfect blue

perfect blue Well-Known Member

I dreamt that Lee told me to take over as creative director for Alexander McQueen. I knew it was a dream because of how absurd that sounds. It was a younger Lee, before he had the major weight loss. I don't believe dreams have any meanings besides some subconscious desires, hopes, or frustrations you have in real life.

aracic likes this.
  10. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

I dreamt of a Versace show that featured some surreal impossible stairs and a square flaming fire pit in the middle of the set. The whole thing was red and black.
    It was short; I mostly remember Donatella's exit at the end.

aracic and YohjiAddict like this.
  11. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Haha same here ! Even funnier is that I am a man that is 188 cm and 90 kg that works out 6 times a week and is happy to be a man, but somehow ends up on the womens catwalk wearing a gown. It's hilarious ! :lol:

aracic likes this.
  12. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

It means that even when you sleep you are a still a Fabulous Versace B*tch!

Salvatore likes this.
  13. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Ahah, this is the interpretation I choose to accept !