Hedi Slimane - Designer

is it a long stretch to think that slimane might reserve the original yves saint laurent name for haute couture? like it used to be? because that would explain why pierre berge is so enthusiastic

I guess they chickened out after all the backlash

^ I doubt this is a branding backpedal, just a clarification since the masses seem to think they own this brand more than the people designing it do.

None of this will matter once his clothes are shown.

^The clarification would have come right away though since that's the impression people got when it was first announced. Either it's backpedaling or the PR-person is not doing their job efficiently

^^ The original press releases specified that it was the ready-to-wear collection.

^ The masses are certainly NOT buying YSL! That's one reason there's a new Creative Director.

^
You make a valid point. It's true that Stefano was not a favorite of YSL RTW nor Pierre himself. And ofcourse Pierre would feel comfortable with Hedi doing all of these changes to the house. I think some forget he worked with YSL menswear over a decade ago and just like Raf he started out in menswear as well. Spring and summer 2013 will definetely bring a new chapter to fashion.

^^ The original press releases specified that it was the ready-to-wear collection.

^ The masses are certainly NOT buying YSL! That's one reason there's a new Creative Director.

It did? My bad then.. the media really took off with that story then

^
S/S 13 fashion week in Paris...early October as usual, they said they would also debut the resort collection sometime around there as well.

^ lol, is the logo Helvetica? I read an interview where they asked him what typace represented him or something like that, and he said helvetica... which hes be known to use, especially in all caps

Launch of Saint Laurent on the YSL site. :lol:

I'm not liking this new logo. I hope his clothing designs don't go by the same aesthetic as the logo.

I'm not liking this new logo. I hope his clothing designs don't go by the same aesthetic as the logo.

well he's always used Helvetica in all of his stuff, so i'm pretty sure that there's as much hedi in this logo (that i don't like, btw) as there will be in the clothes

:ninja:

I think that new logo looks really cool :ninja: I want him to bring a sense of cool luxury to the label, I feel like some of pilati's collections were a bit contrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->