Hedi Slimane - Designer

Talk about milking the hype! :lol: It's so desperate of her, which of course isn't much of a surprise. Other than A Star is Born, there's not really much going for Germanotta, is there?

Yeah, and besides—isn’t The Cannes Film Festival the only one that really matters?

:lol:

The bag kind of looks like a (more) matronly version of Kelly. Only excited for what he'll bring to menswear to be honest. Less than one month left!

By the way the it's been confirmed that the Miami boutique posted on the previous page is not Hedi's store concept.

Talk about milking the hype! :lol: It's so desperate of her, which of course isn't much of a surprise.

In all fairness, she is the first person to be sent anything from Hedi's new tenure at Celine, and monogrammed at that. I'm sure there is a contract to promote it like this.

In all fairness, she is the first person to be sent anything from Hedi's new tenure at Celine, and monogrammed at that. I'm sure there is a contract to promote it like this.

I think she's the first one who wear his Saint Laurent collection too. Hedi must love her very much~ Haha

In all fairness, Bradley's the Star is Born is one of the most hyped film of this season and with that in mind, I think both of them mutually profit. The bag itself is very stiff for my liking though.

She is so OTT with her poses!
The bag will become an IT Bag. Long are gone the days when bags were distinctive from one brand to another. Gucci, Saint Laurent et Balenciaga bags lately are all reminiscent of Chanel, Hermès and Vuitton bags.

Hedi’s first bag which was modeled by miss Paltrow at the time was a Speedy from Vuitton in the same kind of leather. And his big success, the Sac De Jour was very Hermès...

I’m not really a bag woman so I’m not impressed but if the fashion is good, I may look at his bags.

I think she's the first one who wear his Saint Laurent collection too. Hedi must love her very much~ Haha

Hedi is very Hollywood! He was invited at her birthday and all. They are friends...
Very clever of her to wear it with an Alaïa coat, as Mr Alaïa was a friend of Hedi.

I wonder who will be the first to wear his menswear. Either Karl or Beck I guess...

At least, this Karl won’t have to change the label on his clothes lol

The bag looks like a big departure from former Céline It Bags in that it looks very retro and somehow strict whereas Pheobe were very layed back and were totally of the moment. I'm not particularly impressed, I like the overall shape but the flap is oddly shaped.

Sorry but that bag is doing nothing for me and top portion looks like a semi folded maxi pad. It lacks the coolness and non chalantness of Phoebe's Celine bags.

I agree this is looking rather matronly. If anyone would have told me this was a bag by Delvaux I would have believed it but then again I'm not very much interested in bags and so are most designers (They probably snatched a senior bags designer from another house to help fuel the sales in this department when Slimane took over at Céline so I guess his touch on the bags is limited).

Talk about milking the hype! :lol: It's so desperate of her, which of course isn't much of a surprise. Other than A Star is Born, there's not really much going for Germanotta, is there?

Anyway, I don't think the bag will evolve into the it-bag of the season. Too basic. Let's wait for Gucci.

Wow, sipping haterade much? I mean, to star in a feature film, that may well be well received, and to tour with fibromyalgia- that is not nothing. Armchair critics especially snobs like you make me facepalm. You don’t have a leg to stand on and a haughty persona doesn’t count. I’m not even a fan, it just irks me to see people take shots at others for absolutely trifling reasons

I couldn't help but chuckle at the publicity images of the bag. The whole parade is too over the top for my liking. It's odd because I usually don't mind popstars pulling stunts like this. I even enjoy every shot the paparazzi--under the influence of her PR team, of course--took of Celine Dion's recent high fashion persona. There's something about her that does give off an over-the-top sentiment when doing the whole shebang, but her genuine wit and charm somehow make up for it.

Anyway, the bag is nice but it doesn't have that subtly playful quality that Phoebe's bags usually evoke (e.g. the trapeze, luggage, and tri-fold). What makes Phoebe's bags remarkable to me was their eccentric notion of toying with bourgeois dressing without coming across too pseudo-intellectual. In comparison to her bags, Hedi's looks too cold and austere.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the publicity images of the bag. The whole parade is too over the top for my liking. It's odd because I usually don't mind popstars pulling stunts like this.
it’s just so Traveling Teddy, what’s next, the bag in the tower of Pisa? the Great Wall.. Mount Rushmore?

I think there might be too much sensibility towards celebrities these days, they ARE just like us and traveling and working with an illness is just life after a certain age and high level of stress. Plenty of businessmen with IBD or.. cancer and not flying private. I do think that when she has something (usually grating music or acting) happening, we all have to hear about it to no end and it’s never remarkable.. it’s only meaningful to fans or people familiar enough with her.. personal stuff...

The Céline Instagram has also been wiped out. Looks like we can expect a campaign coming . . .

P.S. is it just me or is that a new logo without the accented é?

As soon as i heard that the color of the front door of their headquarters was painted from blue to black, i knew a small rebranding was in process.
At least, Hedi is consistent: Black & White, Helvetica...etc.
As for the bags, i don't know what they are going to do but i wish that they are keeping at least The Clasp, The Belt, The Box and the simple tote. Even the Trapeze is still relevant as a style.

I really liked Celine's real fashion bags and i didn't liked what Hedi did with the bags at Saint Laurent. They were once very distinctive (a lot of them were weirdly a bit copied by Phoebe at Celine:( The Besace, The Downtown, The Muse 2 and he turned the Saint Laurent bag collection into a glorified 80's Chanel bag collection knockoff.

I know Hedi's show is going to be entertaining (he is a showman) but i really didn't missed his visuals.

celineTHE NEW LOGO HAS BEEN DIRECTLY INSPIRED BY THE ORIGINAL, HISTORICAL, VERSION THAT EXISTED IN THE 1960’S.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
THE MODERNIST TYPOGRAPHY USED DATES FROM THE 1930’S.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
THE ACCENT ON THE “E” HAS BEEN REMOVED, TO REMAIN HOMOGENOUS WITH THE CELINE COLLECTIONS OF THE 1960’S.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
THE SPACING BETWEEN THE LETTERS HAS BEEN BALANCED OUT AND THE LETTERS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT CLOSER TOGETHER.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
THE 1960’S VERSION OF THE LOGO INCLUDING THE WORD “PARIS”, WILL BE REINSTATED WITHIN THE CLOTHING AND ON PACKAGING, HOWEVER “PARIS" WILL NOT APPEAR BENEATH THE LOGO ON CAMPAIGNS.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#CELINEBYHEDISLIMANE

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->