Hedi Slimane Is The New Artistic Director Of Céline

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by dodencebt, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

He really wants that Chanel job...
    He did Chanel look-a-like bags at Ysl and now this!
    It’s embarrassing.

This looks like a cheap Boy bag.

Suddenly, Riccardo’s Bags are more desirable.

jeanclaude likes this.
  2. chinsumo

chinsumo Member

That bag is hideous.

jeanclaude likes this.
  3. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

I think Hedi mistook Céline archives for Chanel archives :rofl:. This guy can have all the archives in the world but will still produce the same old boring stuff. If this is not being one dimensional I don't what it is.

I would love MGC and Slimane both at the same brand just to have the biggest laugh every season.

The comments on Instagram are gold. People are savages.

fashionista-ta likes this.
  4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

People are savage but it will sell. I think what kills the magic of Slimane is the fact that we all know that it’s going to be a huge commercial success.
    He is almost too confident in his vision and in his success.

For me, he has killed the luxury good business. Before him, all the brands had a defined aesthetic.
    Now, almost everybody is doing a Chanel bag, à Hermès Birkin and stuff.

To think that I still have my YSL bags under Pilati says a lot. His besace and the Muse 2 were perfect and yet, he destroyed everything.

Sad thing for him, no matter how he tries, his bags will never have the value of a Chanel bag.

5. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

^Agreed. That's why I hope it will not sell. The situation is different now as Anthony is doing great at SLP by keeping hedi's legacy. He did too well at SLP and will have to fight his own work

#265 GivenchyAddict, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    tricotineacetat likes this.
  6. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

Thats a tacky bag its like those thrift store versions of quilted Chanel bags and that blocked C lol makes it look very cheap. I have a feeling his tenure at Celine will be like Peter Dundas at Cavalli ie a trainwreck.

jeanclaude likes this.
  7. george5

george5 Active Member

I thought everything was going well until that atrocious flap bag appeared; actually I'm surprised It got approved, considering It's completely the opposite to the 50s Jolie Madame allure of Le 16. I mean, probably It's an entry level bag that won't be quite expensive (for a luxury brand) but not even the monogram Pochette Metis looks that cheap. My first dissapointment of his tenure.

jeanclaude likes this.
  8. orchidee

orchidee Active Member

Hopefully the actual clothes will be noteworthy. These bags are so basic and not even in a desirable way.

jeanclaude likes this.
  9. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Omg, enough of these ugly bags! Is it supposed to distract from something else? It just looks so cheap. The quilt detail looks cheap, the boxiness looks cheap, the font of the C looks cheap. Keep us in anticipation for the actual collection and shut these drops down, immediately! It's doing more harm than good.

The one which Germanotta wore looked fine. Mediocre, but fine. The Queen would likely order them in bulk. This one is a shame.

jeanclaude likes this.
  10. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I don't think the new bag is that bad but it's clearly a Chanel / Hedi Slimane for Saint Laurent twin. There is no innovation, only design decisions.

jeanclaude likes this.
  11. just me

just me Active Member

The meltdowns after the show are gonna be epic. I have no doubt he’ll show the very same sh*t he threw to the runway during his Saint Laurent years but with a more refined and simple styling.

He’s showing at des Invalides, btw...

#271 just me, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  12. tctra

tctra Active Member

Design is dead. the conglomerate killed it. It is design by committee. if you want something new and fresh, it is to be found in independent designers. but of course they don't have the marketing power of the mega brands

jeanclaude likes this.
  13. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

I am beginning to think that his tenure at Dior Homme was another case of "Milli Vanilli", but applied to fashion (another designer made the work; and Hedi just got the rewards of it).
    51bHiCFN5KL._SX355_.jpg

orchidee, Benn98 and MulletProof like this.
  14. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

In Paris the Dior Homme store is replaced by Celine atm. I guess conveniently rearranged by LVMH to give the Celine store more visability with Hedi at the helm now.

15. Aurimas

Aurimas Member

Does not sound like a natural competition, does it?

Anyway, I doubt Hedi's first Celine collections and pieces will be that good and special. Not because Hedi could not design a good and special collection but because both Hedi and LVMH want long-term growth, it says it all, they will definitely not open the best cards on the first seasons and keep them for later collections to make a 'progression'. And, if you look back, neighter Hedi's Dior Homme, nor at Saint Laurent his first collections were his best work so I would not rush to buy and save my cash for later. :wink: It is called planned obsolescence by design stated by Bernard London. I bet Bernard Arnault uses this business practice too.

#275 Aurimas, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  16. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

Celine's instagram = Saint Laurent's instagram + Hedi. :ninja:

jeanclaude likes this.
  17. reese06

reese06 Well-Known Member

The preview of the dress on Celine's instagram is pretty but it's just a basic black dress. I'm expecting more of the same. i wish he was a bit more ambitious.

18. AFWQ

AFWQ Active Member

Industry today is so dull... I was really excited with Heidi being in front of a house, but not loving at all first preview on accessories department...

19. Cute

Cute Well-Known Member

Literally SLP 2.0...

jeanclaude and orchidee like this.
  20. orchidee

orchidee Active Member

Is there really a need for "two Hedis" in Paris? IMO Anthony is doing his schtick far more compellingly because at least he does some experimentation. Hedi for Celine literally looks like a continuation of his last collection for SLP. Almost as if he's been waiting two years to only do the same thing.