Hedi Slimane - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

I thought Stefano had been turning out some fantastic collections lately, so I am definitely bummed about these rumblings. I am excited at the prospect of Slimane returning to the design world though, as I was definitely tiring of his repetitive photography.

Is it possible for Stefano to be going to Dior?

^ I think he is definitely capable of doing a women's collection... just look at his photos!

Hedi design is like his photography, its really cold, but not a good cold.
Stefano has produced genious colection by this last years and he was getting better and better...
shame.

if this turns out to be true, i'm getting a second job to start saving so I can afford some Silmane for YSL. This would be a great homecoming for him!!

Although all these shakeups are a bit much to take all at once. Either Pilati or Simons will be without a position, Galliano is without a job... so much talent that's being wasted. But Jil Sander and Hedi Slimane back in a major house is great news!

Oh no! But I guess the excitement surrounding Slimane doing a womenswear collection almost makes up for it. Almost.

Well, technically speaking, Stefano is the only one without a position. Raf still has his eponymous label, which is the one and only place he should be at. He doesn't need to go anywhere, unless he chooses to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that Stefano started to put extremely well done and decent collections on to the runway...he's out?!

I feel the same way, I've been really loving his recent collections for the house.

Sort of unsure about the whole thing, but well, let's give Hedi a chance if it turns out to be true in the end.

they've been speculating this since last year; this 'source' from france isn't reputable enough. i like pilati at YSL, don't really believe this all that much. but, i guess we'll see.

well i was never on the slimane bandwagon,myself.....neither before at YSL Homme,dior homme or now. but i will concede that YSL does need some hefty buzz right now. as good as pilati may be,it wasn't exactly generating as much attention as the other established houses.

That's exactly what I was thinking, Scott. Yes Pilati sells a ton of accessories. Yes his collections are generally well received (although I think the last time he garnered a really rave review was back in '08). But is there real excitement around what he does each season, on the grand scale I mean? I don't think there is, not like there once was anyway. He never really had much of an edge to him to begin with, but whether or not the collections he's doing now are good, they certainly aren't adding anything new to the fashion dialog.

It could also be something as simple as feeling that he's run his course and done all he can. It's not as though he's being let go in the middle of a contract, it's just rumored that he won't be renewed. It only seems smart to want the brand to continue to excel, to continue to improve, because once it levels out it's only a matter of time before it stagnates.

I think it sounds like a fantastic plan personally, and I really hope it turns out to be true.

well i was never on the slimane bandwagon,myself.....neither before at YSL Homme,dior homme or now. but i will concede that YSL does need some hefty buzz right now. as good as pilati may be,it wasn't exactly generating as much attention as the other established houses.

I agree with you. I am not familiar with his previous work at YSL, as for the Dior Homme stint, yes, it's interesting, but was it worth all the hype? No, I don't think so. He's very consistent with his Dior Homme work, that's for sure.

BTW, I went to his "California Song" exhibit here in LA MOCA a couple of months ago. Totally don't care for it. The whole exhibit was as empty, trite and pretentious as it could ever be, exactly like the so-called LA urban scene. Heidi Slimane is a very boring and predictable photographer.

oh man! this means allisson mosshart in YSL baby! i am super excited about this!! YESH! :yahoo:

Pilati should have been removed much earlier, he can;t make a commerce success, which is a huge drawback as a designer today.

PS: Is it all Guillaume Henry has done for Carven? I find his works is quite boring already, and most of his works can be replaced by other mid priced brands like iro, maje.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, let's dare to dream here, maybe Stefano may just be the one going to Dior if this is true. And Raf will be going back to his on eponymous line. And Hedi goes to YSL again.

And the game of designer musical chairs continues. Is Stefano still presenting next week's YSL show then?

I adore Hedi and love his photography and design. I just don`t know if he is the right designer for YSL since their womenswear is classic and closely tied to it`s heritage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->