Hedi's N.Y. Opening Party

here we go

Living Masterpiece. Who is Orlan? What makes her so unique? And how has her physical face become a dynamic and ongoing work of art? ... Orlan, the. Living Masterpiece ... Orlan is a French artist who offers her face and body as a canvas of flesh where plastic surgeons create art with ...

portrait1.jpg

unfortunately the picture is small..
the flesh at the side of her eyebrows are from the surgeries/performance, shes real scary up close..
and of course i had the name right but it's Orlan without an e at the end :wacko:
anyway, shes a famous French artist who's 'art' is transforming her face and making a 'work of art' out of both the 'artistic surgery' and the ..'proceedure' like filming or photographing the surgeries themselves

for more on Orlane, try here
and also
ArtandCulture.com: Orlan 
describes the French performance artist whose projects involve her own rebirth through a series of public plastic surgeries

there is a huge archive on her, shes one of the most famous contemporary artists :flower:

ps this is getting far too off topic.. look out for a new thread soon :ninja:

I knew it!!!! There is no way that Hedi would go for Lagerfield :sick: .... I came to those exact same assumptions about Hedi's models being the "type" that he is attracted too. BTW Lena, i was being facetious about the husband comment, you prob knew that though. haha. Hmmmm.... never knew that Hedi and Raf had something going on :ninja:

That French artist is a scary!... but i would love to see some of her work.

Amanda Lepore scares me... .. If it were my party, I dont know what I'd consider worse... the fact that she showed up.. or the fact that she was INVITED.

:ninja:

Hum ... anyhow ... I mean, its cool about having a Dior Homme store in NYC now .. about the crowd ... who knows! I just laughed about the comments on the tt's.
Anderson Cooper is sooo yummy! I have a hard time to imagine him on Dior .. i agree with whoever said that he's the RL type of guy.
About Hedi's (and Raf's) taste in men ... well... I might suit it, wouldn't mind .. the thing's my look it's a bit too exotic for them to digest! :P
(Now, who's a media wh*re!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Raf with Véronique for quite a long time until 2001? Has she ruined him for women or am I missing something because I was always under the impression he floated on the opposite side of the pond :innocent:

Totally off-topic but just thought I would raise this :wink:

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 14th, 2004 - 7:54 am
Has she ruined him for women or am I missing something
:rofl: :rofl: i also knew this was the care with Raff but of course people have choices and sexual prefference can really be a 'flowing' thing :wink:

lena...for some reason i can open the artandculture.com site?...what i saw on orlan's own website was a bit gruesome...i wish my french was better because i'd like to understand he motivation better...female artists are very curious to me...so many of them use their own bodies in their art...many more than men...thanks for introducing me to her...

i know, i know...off topic...but we don't have one on art... :blush:

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 13th, 2004 - 11:54 pm
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Raf with Véronique for quite a long time until 2001? Has she ruined him for women or am I missing something because I was always under the impression he floated on the opposite side of the pond :innocent:

Totally off-topic but just thought I would raise this :wink:
If you search HINTMAG , SCOTT :heart:

I am sure you will find the feature/interview on him , and it certainly left me in NO doubt that his ' models ' represent his sexual propensities .

The interview with Raf in ARENA HOMME PLUS , I have here , and it discusses his ' fling ' with Hedi and its ending in acrimony , unfortunately .

As LENA :heart: says , sexual preference is a flowing thing , ' to each his own ' , as they say . B)

KIT

more photos from hedi's party (from Hintmag)

kimgordon_hedislimane.jpg

Kim :heart: Gordon and Hedi

terryrichardson_delphinearn.jpg

photographer Terry Richardson and miss LVMH Delphine Arnault

kimgordon.jpg

Kim Live with the Sonic Youth at Hedi's party :heart:

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 14th, 2004 - 2:42 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 14th, 2004 - 2:42 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Mar 14th, 2004 - 7:54 am
:rofl: :rofl: i also knew this was the care with Raff but of course people have choices and sexual prefference can really be a 'flowing' thing :wink: [/b][/quote]
If you search HINTMAG , SCOTT
I am sure you will find the feature/interview on him , and it certainly left me in NO doubt that his ' models ' represent his sexual propensities .
The interview with Raf in ARENA HOMME PLUS , I have here , and it discusses his ' fling ' with Hedi and its ending in acrimony , unfortunately .
As LENA says , sexual preference is a flowing thing , ' to each his own ' , as they say .
KIT

No,I don't mean to sound like that at all! Me,of all people judging ones sexual preference....NO WAY. It just makes one wonder because he always says he was very much in love with VB so I assumed that he did only like the females.

Originally posted by Scott+Mar 15th, 2004 - 7:58 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Mar 15th, 2004 - 7:58 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Lena@Mar 14th, 2004 - 2:42 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Scott
@Mar 14th, 2004 - 7:54 am

:rofl: :rofl: i also knew this was the care with Raff but of course people have choices and sexual prefference can really be a 'flowing' thing :wink:
As LENA  says , sexual preference is a flowing thing , ' to each his own ' , as they say . 
KIT

No,I don't mean to sound like that at all! Me,of all people judging ones sexual preference....NO WAY. It just makes one wonder because he always says he was very much in love with VB so I assumed that he did only like the females. [/b][/quote]
My feelings EXACTLY , SCOTT :heart:

" People in glass houses ............... "

KIT :innocent:

Originally posted by kit+Mar 15th, 2004 - 8:02 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kit @ Mar 15th, 2004 - 8:02 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Scott@Mar 15th, 2004 - 7:58 am
Originally posted by Lena@Mar 14th, 2004 - 2:42 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Scott
@Mar 14th, 2004 - 7:54 am

As LENA  says , sexual preference is a flowing thing , ' to each his own ' , as they say . 
KIT

No,I don't mean to sound like that at all! Me,of all people judging ones sexual preference....NO WAY. It just makes one wonder because he always says he was very much in love with VB so I assumed that he did only like the females.
My feelings EXACTLY , SCOTT :heart:

" People in glass houses ............... "

KIT :innocent: [/b][/quote]
young men and young women can be quite similar...but i won't go there... :innocent:

fyi-my very good friend wound up going to this party and her description of it was a bunch of people standing around being 'so pretentious'...and , according to her...sonic youth were amazing...that's basically the only reason she went....btw...anyone actually know where the store is?...she wasn't even sure...
:lol:

Heh, why am I not surprised at her description :wacko:

The store is on 57th and 5th, next door to the women's Dior boutique. Someday I'll make a trip there - if only to make fun of the pretensious sales staff...

Originally posted by faust@Mar 15th, 2004 - 11:37 am

The store is on 57th and 5th, next door to the women's Dior boutique. Someday I'll make a trip there - if only to make fun of the pretensious sales staff...
ah, yes...no surprises there...

thanks for the location.... :flower:

Originally posted by faust@Mar 15th, 2004 - 11:37 am

Wayhey , FAUST :flower:

You'll have the guys on the MSN DIOR HOMME group gunning for you !!!!! :unsure:

Originally posted by kit+Mar 15th, 2004 - 11:49 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kit @ Mar 15th, 2004 - 11:49 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Mar 15th, 2004 - 11:37 am
Heh, why am I not surprised at her description  :wacko:

The store is on 57th and 5th, next door to the women's Dior boutique.  Someday I'll make a trip there - if only to make fun of the pretensious sales staff...

KIT :innocent: [/b][/quote]
lol, let'em try! :lol: No, actually I just want to see how they designed the store. As far as the salespeople, I ignore them. The difference between uptown and downtown sales staff is like north and south pole - it's like a job requirement for Madison Avenue peeps to have a stick up their a$%^...

Originally posted by faust+Mar 15th, 2004 - 12:04 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Mar 15th, 2004 - 12:04 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by kit@Mar 15th, 2004 - 11:49 am
<!--QuoteBegin-faust
@Mar 15th, 2004 - 11:37 am
Heh, why am I not surprised at her description  :wacko:

The store is on 57th and 5th, next door to the women's Dior boutique.  Someday I'll make a trip there - if only to make fun of the pretensious sales staff...

lol, let'em try! :lol: No, actually I just want to see how they designed the store. As far as the salespeople, I ignore them. The difference between uptown and downtown sales staff is like north and south poll - it's like a job requirement for Madison Avenue peeps to have a stick up their a$%^... [/b][/quote]
DITTO for London , mon ami , :lol:

( Apart from BROWNS , of course ! ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->