Hedi's N.Y. Opening Party

Originally posted by faust@Mar 15th, 2004 - 11:37 am

The store is on 57th and 5th, next door to the women's Dior boutique. Someday I'll make a trip there - if only to make fun of the pretensious sales staff...
Actually Peter whom works at Dior Homme is very helpful and always informs me to when new stuff comes in....
Colin who works in the Dior Jewelry dept on the womens side is extremly nice and helpful also.
If you want pictures of the NY Dior Boutique just go to dior.com... (the dressing rooms breath while you change)

06f.jpg

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe+Mar 16th, 2004 - 9:52 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LolitaLuxe @ Mar 16th, 2004 - 9:52 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-lil'missy@Mar 16th, 2004 - 7:24 pm
06f.jpg
i wanna see more of this on here :ninja: [/b][/quote]
does he remind anyone else of a psychotically disturbed individual....doesn't it seem like he should really be on medication...kind of like courtney love...oh wait maybe they are on ...something...

he just makes me nervous... :huh:

Originally posted by lil'missy@Mar 16th, 2004 - 9:24 pm
06f.jpg
Can you tell us why you are so obsessesed with him? The guy is a joke, and he knows it. This is not to flame you personally, please take no offense, I just don't understand someone's obsession with someone so inane. Maybe I'm missing something?

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 13th, 2004 - 4:08 pm
here we go

Living Masterpiece. Who is Orlan? What makes her so unique? And how has her physical face become a dynamic and ongoing work of art? ... Orlan, the. Living Masterpiece ... Orlan is a French artist who offers her face and body as a canvas of flesh where plastic surgeons create art with ...

portrait1.jpg

unfortunately the picture is small..
the flesh at the side of her eyebrows are from the surgeries/performance, shes real scary up close..
and of course i had the name right but it's Orlan without an e at the end :wacko:
anyway, shes a famous French artist who's 'art' is transforming her face and making a 'work of art' out of both the 'artistic surgery' and the ..'proceedure' like filming or photographing the surgeries themselves

for more on Orlane, try here
and also
ArtandCulture.com: Orlan 
describes the French performance artist whose projects involve her own rebirth through a series of public plastic surgeries

there is a huge archive on her, shes one of the most famous contemporary artists :flower:

ps this is getting far too off topic.. look out for a new thread soon :ninja:
I love orlan, she is quiet amazing. :heart:

Originally posted by Spacemiu+Mar 17th, 2004 - 2:52 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Mar 17th, 2004 - 2:52 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Mar 13th, 2004 - 4:08 pm
here we go

Living Masterpiece. Who is Orlan? What makes her so unique? And how has her physical face become a dynamic and ongoing work of art? ... Orlan, the. Living Masterpiece ... Orlan is a French artist who offers her face and body as a canvas of flesh where plastic surgeons create art with ...

portrait1.jpg

unfortunately the picture is small..
the flesh at the side of her eyebrows are from the surgeries/performance, shes real scary up close..
and of course i had the name right but it's Orlan without an e at the end :wacko:
anyway, shes a famous French artist who's 'art' is transforming her face and making a 'work of art' out of both the 'artistic surgery' and the ..'proceedure' like filming or photographing the surgeries themselves

for more on Orlane, try here
and also
ArtandCulture.com: Orlan 
describes the French performance artist whose projects involve her own rebirth through a series of public plastic surgeries

there is a huge archive on her, shes one of the most famous contemporary artists :flower:

ps this is getting far too off topic.. look out for a new thread soon :ninja:
I love orlan, she is quiet amazing. :heart: [/b][/quote]
I personally think that Orlan is insane. Her "work," if you can even call it that, is disturbing and disgusting. That woman needs some serious help... :cry:

who is that :unsure: she certainly looks insane
she should play the role as a nutty professor :dizzy:

It surprises me that a real/licensed plastic surgeon would perform these "artistic surgeries" on her -- dont they have a statement of ethics they follow on only operating where there is a perceived flaw that is considered resonable...I mean this is her body to mutilate if she chooses as an art, but to involve a surgeon seems like some malpractice issues would come into play.

interesting...but not enough for me to appreciate...

i'm not an Orlane fan, and i dont wish us start talking art in a Hedi's party thread, but i think one should carefully see her huge body of work before starting throwing ridicule on her .. or call her insane. See her work and read her manifesto's , its a huge body of work...

like most artists -through out history of contemorary art- she's aiming to be disturbing, this is a part of her cultural message to today's 'transforming' society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->