capt.fwd121b20040311jpg.jpg

Amanda Lepore at the Dior Homme Party
capt.fwd120b20040311jpg.jpg

Amanda Hearst at the Dior Homme Party

Hedi Slimane Hosts A High-Concept Fete For Dior Homme
Maya Singer

Fashion Wire Daily March 11, 2004 - New York -
SONIC YOUTH HEADLINES; HIPSTER CROWD WONDERS, ‘HUH?’

Last night’s soiree celebrating the opening of Manhattan’s Dior Homme story had more than a few attendees in a state of confusion. Host Hedi Slimane, the Dior Homme designer, not only hosted the party but also planned it down to the smallest detail, from the decoration of the raw West Side space in a stage-set theme to the rocker-chic staff that both served drinks and then, walking around with small buckets, collected the empties.

And the invite list was just as high-concept, a mix of uptown fashion types such as Vogue’s Grace Coddington, downtown darlings including Bay Garnett of Cheap Date and designer Benjamin Cho, an inevitable smattering of models (Missy Rayder, Helena Christensen, Sophie Dahl), it-girls (Hope Atherton, Amanda Hearst) and photographers (Craig McDean, Terry Richardson), plus a plethora of art, music and all-around scenemakers, including Vincent Gallo , Matt Damhave, Ryan McGinley, Jeffrey Deitch, David Byrne and David Blaine , and members of the bands Interpol and FischerSpooner.
“Who put together the hipster guest list? I’m so confused,” one Dior womenswear publicist was overheard saying. “I mean, I kind of get it, but…” :lol:
Given that Slimane had tinkered with every component of the evening, having designed the stage lights illuminating the room, the platforms where, to one side, patrons lounged on foam-core mattresses, and to the other side, servers who looked as though they’d been kidnapped from their gigs at Arlene’s Grocery handed out mini-bottles of Moet, it was fair to wonder whether he’d also placed a few ringers in the crowd itself. People who aren’t, you know, “known,” but look as though they should be. For some reason. You had to give Slimane credit: Once the room filled up, the mix worked.

But alas, the menswear designer did slip up on one not-so-incidental detail. Fashionable ladies tottering around four-inch heels and wearing nought but camisoles under their furs were forced (along with the guys) outside, down the block, and into a trailer in order to “use the facilities.” Granted, once inside the trailer loo, someone had taken care to turn on the heat and, weirdly, pipe in classical music. But it did put a damper on things – more than one gal was heard commenting, “I want more champagne, but…”

Of course, people who have seen Sonic Youth at any of the outdoor festival dates the band has played over its long and storied career are more than familiar with the toilet-related sacrifices one must make in order to ROCK. (So maybe Slimane had chosen the trailer toilet on purpose. Hm.) And sharply at midnight, right when they were supposed to take the stage – something that never, ever, ever happens at a real rock show – Sonic Youth appeared. And at least for fans, once that happened, the whole evening began to make a lot of sense

photos & article by fwd

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 12th, 2004 - 8:08 am
:lol: Oh my that's hilarious :P
Could I respectfully ask who exactly is this ' gargoyle ' , Amanda Lepore ? :yuk:

I MUST get out more , even ' Get a life ' , but I have not come across such a monstrosity since seeing a photo of that US millionaire's wife who has had umpteen plastic surgery operations to make her look like a cat !!! :o

The bride of Wildenstein is it ? :unsure:

Anyway , I prefer Hedi Slimane in the demi-monde of Berlin to seeing him in the company of Amanda Lepore !!! :rolleyes:

KIT :innocent:

Originally posted by kit+Mar 12th, 2004 - 8:14 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kit @ Mar 12th, 2004 - 8:14 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Mar 12th, 2004 - 8:08 am
:lol: Oh my that's hilarious :P
Could I respectfully ask who exactly is this ' gargoyle ' , Amanda Lepore ? :yuk:

I MUST get out more , even ' Get a life ' , but I have not come across such a monstrosity since seeing a photo of that US millionaire's wife who has had umpteen plastic surgery operations to make her look like a cat !!! :o

The bride of Wildenstein is it ? :unsure:

Anyway , I prefer Hedi Slimane in the demi-monde of Berlin to seeing him in the company of Amanda Lepore !!! :rolleyes:

KIT :innocent: [/b][/quote]
Let's just say she's the transvestite version of socialite Nan Kempner. She's also the muse for the annoying Jeremy Scott and the more annoying Heatherette duo. No,she doesn't fit in well, but in NY these people are always at a fashion event even if its not really their style. They just seem to like being noticed and drinking lots.

i was very suprised to see miss Lepore in a big lux name shopwindow display while walking down rue Saint Honore few days ago.. i honestly dont remember the brand.. but it was something very prestigious and 'rich'

anyway, she's a top party celebrity attraction
(muse for LaChapelle and many many more ) :P

Originally posted by article
And sharply at midnight, right when they were supposed to take the stage – something that never, ever, ever happens at a real rock show – Sonic Youth appeared.
:lol:

Wow, Hedi just slipped down a notch. Sonic Youth? Vincent Gallo? The tranny who used to do make overs at Patricia Field's in the Village? Can you get any more "hipster" CLICHE? Wow, what a turn-off. The whole "hipster" scene makes me gag. I understand pretension on the part of teeny-boppers because it's superficial in itself, but pretending to be someone deep and independent - that's pathetic. Down with hipsters! I'm not moving to Williamsburg, EVER! :angry: :yuk:

Originally posted by faust@Mar 12th, 2004 - 9:55 am
Wow, Hedi just slipped down a notch. Sonic Youth? Vincent Gallo? The tranny who used to do make overs at Patricia Field's in the Village? Can you get any more "hipster" CLICHE? Wow, what a turn-off. The whole "hipster" scene makes me gag. I understand pretension on the part of teeny-boppers because it's superficial in itself, but pretending to be someone deep and independent - that's pathetic. Down with hipsters! I'm not moving to Williamsburg, EVER! :angry: :yuk:
So true. Although,I do like Sonic Youth.

Originally posted by faust@Mar 12th, 2004 - 6:55 pm
:rofl:.. but of courZZe.. just dont get too upset now faust :rofl:

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 12th, 2004 - 11:13 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 12th, 2004 - 11:13 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Mar 12th, 2004 - 6:55 pm
:rofl:.. but of courZZe.. just dont get too upset now faust :rofl: [/b][/quote]
Haha, I'm not - it comes and goes in waves :flower: :heart:

hey hey hey! i like ms lepore. i think she's cool. i really want to meet her.

Originally posted by mode_addict@Mar 12th, 2004 - 2:35 pm
hey hey hey! i like ms lepore. i think she's cool. i really want to meet her.
<shrug> go club-hopping in NYC one night, you'll run into her (I have plenty of times) </shrug>
What exactly is attractive about her?

sounds like a bunch of pretentious wannabees...reminds me of a V mag party...

amanda lepore is even scarier in real life..she lives around the corner and i run into her now and then...she does remind me of wildenstein's wife...kit... :woot:

oh i dont find miss Lepore scary, on the contrary i think she's quite entertaining and such a cult figure in the Leigh B. or Olrane idea

i enjoy cult eccentrics they make life sweeter in a way :ninja:

still i agree, Hedi seems to be trying too hard the little darling :innocent:

March 11, 2004 - New York - SONIC YOUTH HEADLINES; HIPSTER CROWD WONDERS, ‘HUH?’

Last night’s soiree celebrating the opening of Manhattan’s Dior Homme story had more than a few attendees in a state of confusion. Host Hedi Slimane, the Dior Homme designer, not only hosted the party but also planned it down to the smallest detail, from the decoration of the raw West Side space in a stage-set theme to the rocker-chic staff that both served drinks and then, walking around with small buckets, collected the empties.

And the invite list was just as high-concept, a mix of uptown fashion types such as Vogue’s Grace Coddington, downtown darlings including Bay Garnett of Cheap Date and designer Benjamin Cho, an inevitable smattering of models (Missy Rayder, Helena Christensen, Sophie Dahl), it-girls (Hope Atherton, Amanda Hearst) and photographers (Craig McDean, Terry Richardson), plus a plethora of art, music and all-around scenemakers, including Vincent Gallo (news), Matt Damhave, Ryan McGinley, Jeffrey Deitch, David Byrne (news) and David Blaine (news - web sites), and members of the bands Interpol and FischerSpooner.

“Who put together the hipster guest list? I’m so confused,” one Dior womenswear publicist was overheard saying. “I mean, I kind of get it, but…”

Given that Slimane had tinkered with every component of the evening, having designed the stage lights illuminating the room, the platforms where, to one side, patrons lounged on foam-core mattresses, and to the other side, servers who looked as though they’d been kidnapped from their gigs at Arlene’s Grocery handed out mini-bottles of Moet, it was fair to wonder whether he’d also placed a few ringers in the crowd itself. People who aren’t, you know, “known,” but look as though they should be. For some reason. You had to give Slimane credit: Once the room filled up, the mix worked.

But alas, the menswear designer did slip up on one not-so-incidental detail. Fashionable ladies tottering around four-inch heels and wearing nought but camisoles under their furs were forced (along with the guys) outside, down the block, and into a trailer in order to “use the facilities.” Granted, once inside the trailer loo, someone had taken care to turn on the heat and, weirdly, pipe in classical music. But it did put a damper on things – more than one gal was heard commenting, “I want more champagne, but…”

Of course, people who have seen Sonic Youth at any of the outdoor festival dates the band has played over its long and storied career are more than familiar with the toilet-related sacrifices one must make in order to ROCK. (So maybe Slimane had chosen the trailer toilet on purpose. Hm.) And sharply at midnight, right when they were supposed to take the stage – something that never, ever, ever happens at a real rock show – Sonic Youth appeared. And at least for fans, once that happened, the whole evening began to make a lot of sense.

(Copied article from Dior Homme MSN Group)

merged :flower:

btw the article is originally from fwd :wink:

Thanks Lena! I didn't realize there was already a post for this... you beat me too it!

I would have loved to be at that party! sounds like fun... I thought the trailer restrooms were entertaining, haha.

Im surprised nothing was mentioned about Hedi's husband Lagerfield,... he is such a camera wh*re.

Christopher

Originally posted by faust@Mar 12th, 2004 - 8:55 am
YES! NO MORE HIPSTERS! :sick:

I find amandas quite entertaining and trashy and bizzar.

I lvoe snoic youth though

ahh, i keep confusing amanda lepore and amanda moore. phew.

apparently amanda lepore went to a party naked.. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->