Height / How tall are you? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dissolved

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone thinks girls keep getting taller after the age of 15.....my doctor says i am suppose to be 5 9 but i havent really grown any, i dont know if its cause i am a slow grower or i have quit growing.....any ideas on this?Im 5 5 now...

Yes, I certainly think it is possible to grow after age 15. Sometimes growth comes in fits and starts. 5'5" is a perfectly fine height and I can't imagine why your doctor says you're supposed to be 5'9" when the average woman is 5'6", I think. Don't worry about it! :flower:

Actually, average is 5''4, i always read that in surveys & fitness/nutrition related articles...

My doctor said I was supposed to be 5 foot 6 and I turned out to be 5 foot 3. I think he said this because I was an early bloomer and the tallest girl in my class when I was in sixth grade. But since I was early to grow, I was also early to stop. I'm 22 now, so obviously I'm not growing anymore. But, yes, you can definitely still grow, and even if you don't, 5 foot 5 is a fine height to be.

i'm about 5'10.5" but iv been this height since i was about 15,

Depends on your family history too. My mum didn't grow until she was in her last year of highschool. My estimated height (when I was little) was 5'7 and right now i'm 5'2 or 5'3ish.

My mom didnt really start growing until college she was 5 2 when she got out of high school and then 5 6 when she got out of college then my dad is 6 4 or 5.....plus i am a premature baby so maybe i am a very slow grower like my mom....

Then my brother who is 18 is 6 4 he was also a slow grower but all the height tests were right with him so maybe.

Im 16, and I've grown 2 inches this year. Last year, my sophmore year in Highschool, I was 5'7, now im 5'10. Its common for girls to grow (in more way than one :wink: ) after 15.
So much for genetics, my mom is 5'2. :o
Then again, my dads 6'0.

My mom is about 5'11 and two of her sisters are over 6 feet. Her mother was several inches over 6 feet. But my dads mother is a little over 5 feet. I am luckly almost 5'9 and I am 14. I think you can grow after the age of 15 depending on when you started to grow. My sister is now 16, almost 17, and has been 5'9.5 since she was 13.

I'm a shorty!I'm 5'4 and a half the last time I checked!My mom is 5'3 and my dad is 5'8 or 5'9..shortness runs in the family!

last time i was measured i was 5'11.....but i wanna be 6'1 when fully grown

i am happy ia m not too tall :innocent:

i wouldnt mind another 5cm extra but i love it to be small B)
that way i am just about normal size with heels on :woot:

Being short is a blessing sometimes. I had a dumb*** guy tell me once in highschool that he wouldn't go to a dance with me becuase I was to tall.

And yes you can keep growing after 15 at 15 I was 5'9 and now I am 5'11

I've been 5' 11" since I was 14 :( I just have to wear shoes with thin soles and cuban-heels to compensate....

I'm only 1,71 m tall, or should I say short... When I still lived in Sweden I was usually the shortest guy wherever I went. At work, I'm the shortest Nordic. I'm shorter than all the guys and girls.

But since I'm living in Italy now, there are actually plenty of guys shorter than me! It feels strange to not be the shortest anymore...

Anyway, I'm not complaining in any way about being short. I don't have a problem with it, I don't feel short, sort of. Oh, I reached my final height at 13 I think?

so thats not true about girls not growing after 13 or 14 i always thought that it was im glad its not tho then i have more time to grow

It entirely depends...you can start growing at seventeen...David Beckham (England football captain) was a titch until about sixteen.

exercise helps with posture and encourages growth providing you are also well nutritioned.

so go do some sport peeps :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->